Dragontrail, manufactured by Asahi Glass Co., is an alkali-aluminosilicate sheet glass engineered for a combination of thinness, lightness and damage-resistance, similar to the Gorilla Glass by Corning Incorporated. The material's primary properties are its strength, allowing thin glass without fragility, its high scratch resistance and its hardness – with a Vickers hardness test rating of 595 to 673.
Dragontrail was launched in 2011 and is used by the Oplus XonPhone 5, Sony Xperia Z, Sony Ericsson Xperia active, Sony Xperia Z1, Sony Xperia Z2, Xiaomi MI2, Galaxy Nexus, Xolo Q1000 XOLO Q1010i, i-mobile IQ6 smartphones and Lava Iris 504Q+. It is also used by Fairphone and also by the new Xolo 8X-Q1000.
- "Dragontrail". Asahi Glass Co. p. 2. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "AGC Unveils Damage-Resistant Dragontrail™ Glass for Smartphone, Tablet PC, TV Makers Worldwide". Asahi Glass Co. January 20, 2011. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- Helsby, Chris (2013-01-08). "Sony Xperia Z Review: Hands-on | Mobile Phone Reviews". Dialaphone.co.uk. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- Gogi Rana (2013-06-12). "Xolo Q1000 review and Unboxing – the MMX A116 competitor?". Gogi.in. Retrieved 2014-03-15.
- "Fairphone - Fairphone Shop". Buy-a-phone-start-a-movement.fairphone.com. 2013-09-27. Retrieved 2014-02-13.