Fayetteville Executive Airport
|IATA: FYV – ICAO: KFYV – FAA LID: FYV|
|Owner||City of Fayetteville|
|Operator||City of Fayetteville|
|Elevation AMSL||1,251 ft / 381 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Drake Field (IATA: FYV, ICAO: KFYV, FAA LID: FYV) is a city-owned public-use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) south of the central business district of Fayetteville, in Washington County, Arkansas, United States. It is also known as Fayetteville Executive Airport and was formerly known as Fayetteville Municipal Airport.
Facilities and aircraft
The airport covers an area of 631 acres (255 ha) at an elevation of 1,251 feet (381 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 16/34 with an asphalt surface measuring 6,006 by 100 feet (1,831 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending April 30, 2009, the airport had 35,267 aircraft operations, an average of 96 per day: 97% general aviation, 2% air taxi, 1% military, and <1% scheduled commercial. At that time there were 85 aircraft based at this airport: 81% single-engine, 8% multi-engine, 9% jet and 1% helicopter.
- FAA Airport Master Record for FYV ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 29 July 2010.
- Fayetteville Executive Airport, official site
- Fayetteville Executive Airport (Drake Field) at City of Fayetteville web site
- Aerial image as of 28 February 2001 from USGS The National Map
- (PDF), effective June 26, 2014
- FAA Terminal Procedures for FYV, effective June 26, 2014
- Resources for this airport: