Draper Fisher Jurvetson
- This article is about the venture capital firm. For the former country, see Democratic Federal Yugoslavia (DFY, or DFJ).
|Founder||Timothy C. Draper
John H. N. Fisher
|Headquarters||2882 Sand Hill Road
Menlo Park, California, United States
|Total assets||$4 billion|
Draper Fisher Jurvetson (DFJ) is a venture capital firm based in Menlo Park, California with more than $4B under management since its founding in 1985. The firm focuses on early- and growth-stage investments in enterprise, consumer and disruptive technologies, and has backed more than 400 companies since its founding. The firm is currently investing DFJ Venture XI, a $325M fund, and DFJ Growth’s second fund of $470M, both closed in 2014.
The firm has funded technology companies including Baidu, Hotmail (acquired by Microsoft), Overture (acquired by Yahoo), and Skype (acquired by Microsoft). Other notable investments include Tesla Motors, SpaceX, Box, SugarCRM, SolarCity, Meebo, Twitter, Tumblr (acquired by Yahoo), and Yammer (acquired by Microsoft), among others.
DFJ was founded by Timothy C. Draper. Draper and John H.N. Fisher left Alex. Brown & Sons, where they were officemates. The firm's name, otherwise known as DFJ, is attributed to Draper and Fisher as well as Partner Steve Jurvetson, who joined the firm in 1996. Other Partners at the firm include Josh Stein, Andreas Stavropoulos, Bubba Murarka, Emily Melton and Bill Bryant.
DFJ Global Network
The DFJ Global Network is an independent collective of venture capital firms, which raise capital and make independent investment decisions. The 15 member firms are based in the U.S., Europe, and Asia.
- DFJ Athena Korea - Seoul, Korea
- Draper Atlantic - Washington, DC
- DFJ DragonFund China - Shanghai, China, San Jose, California
- DFJ Element - Radnor, Pennsylvania
- DFJ Esprit - London, England
- DFJ FIR Brazil - Belo Horizonte, Brazil
- DFJ Frontier - Los Angeles, Portland, Oregon, Sacramento, California, Santa Barbara, California
- DFJ Gotham -New York City, New York
- DFJ Growth Fund - Menlo Park, California
- DFJ Mercury - Houston, Texas
- DFJ New England - Boston, Massachusetts
- DFJ Polaris - Anchorage, Alaska
- DFJ Portage Ventures - Chicago, Illinois
- DFJ Tamir Fishman - Tel Aviv, Israel
- Draper Triangle - Cleveland, Ohio, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- DFJ VTB Aurora - Moscow, Russia
- DFJ VinaCapital - Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Affiliated Business Accelerators
- The Alchemist Accelerator - San Francisco, California 
- Boost.VC - San Mateo, California
- Draper University of Heroes - San Mateo, California
- Access Ventures - Austin, Texas, Denver, Colorado
- Element Partners - Radnor, Pennsylvania
- Timberline Ventures - Seattle, Washington
- Wasatch Ventures - Salt Lake City, Utah, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Zone Ventures - Los Angeles California
- "Silicon Valley VC firm raises first fund that won’t feature two of its eponymous founders.". Fortune.
- "DFJ Growth closes a $470M fund to invest in the next round of billion-dollar companies". VentureBeat.
- "Box, Foursquare, SpaceX Backer DFJ Growth Raises $470M For Later-Stage Investments". TechCrunch.
- "DJF Team Detail: Steve Jurvetson". DFJ.
- "Elevator Pitch: Josh Stein on helping lead DFJ into the future". San Jose Mercury News.
- "DFJ Restructures Firm Partner Network". TechCrunch.
- Official site
- Draper University of Heroes
- Draper Associates
- Tim Draper speaks at Stanford, video
- Element Partners
|This article about a private equity or venture capital firm based in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|