Drawer pull

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Drawer pulls

A drawer pull (wire pull or simply pull) is a handle to pull a drawer out of a chest or other furniture piece.

A dresser full of drawer pulls
Drawer pull in the shape of a double-headed eagle, Petit appartement de la reine, Palace of Versailles

A drawer pull often consists of a plate to which a handle is fastened. The handle may swing from one or two points ("drop handle" or "swing handle"), making a drop drawer pull. The handle may also be fastened to the plate with rivets, making it immovable. The plate may be ornamented by piercing, embossing, or both. The ornament may also be cut on the surface with tools, leaving it sunken into the metal. The stock for handles may be round, rectangular, or irregular forged shapes.[1]

Drawer pulls may also be in one piece, either a handle only or a plate shaped into a grip.

See also[edit]


  1. ^ Thomas Francis Googerty (1911) Hand-forging and Wrought-iron Ornamental Work, Popular Mechanics Company, p. 159