drchrono provides a patient care platform that consists of an iPad based Electronic health record (EHR), an iPad based patient portal (onboarding system) and a web based practice management and medical billing system. drchrono was a member company of the Winter 2011 Y-Combinator program and is based in Mountain View, CA.
The electronic medical record company has developed a new application for the device it claims is the first "wearable health record." Doctors who register for the drchrono app for Glass can use it to record a consultation or surgery with the patient's permission. Videos, photos and notes are stored in the patient's electronic medical record or in Box, a cloud-based storage and collaboration service and can be shared with the patient on request. 
The company released the first tablet EHR system to be certified for meaningful use by Infogard Laboratories in June 2011.
In January 2012, the company announced a $2.8 million round of funding led by Russian tech mogul Yuri Milner.
drchrono, a physician-targeted EHR company, brought in a modest $2.9 million last year, but saw three-year growth rates up more than 1,834 percent. 
Free Medical Search Engines
drchrono provides a number of free medical search engines: a medical icd-9 search engine, an electronic medical insurance search engine, and an iPhone ICD-9 search engine. They also offer a platform to ask questions about medical billing. Planned expansions to the search engines include releasing a DSM search engine.
- http://www.marketwatch.com/story/drchrono-releases-new-product-bundle-free-e-prescribing-now-available-2011-09-22. Missing or empty
- Myers, Courtney (15 March 2011). "drchrono is building a health care revolution on the iPad". Technology Review (The Next Web). Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- Wortham, Jenna (26 January 2012). "drchrono Raises $2.8 Million to Digitize Doctor's Visits". Technology Review (NYT). Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- Stephens, Ron (10 May 2009). "Dr. Chrono, an interview with the creators of a business app using Django and Python". Python411. Retrieved 2009-05-10.
- Christina Farr (12 June 2014). "Startup launches 'first wearable health record' for Google Glass". Reuters. Reuters. Retrieved 28 August 2014.
- Husain, Iltifat (28 April 2010). "The First Electronic Health Record Customized For The iPad Has Arrived". iMedicalApps. Retrieved 2010-10-28.
- Husain, Iltifat (26 January 2012). "DrChrono Closes $2.8 M. Round Led by Yuri Milner". Betabeat. Retrieved 2012-05-19.
- Erin McCann (12 June 2014). "Health IT vendors among fastest growing". HealthcareITNews. HealthcareITNews. Retrieved 28 August 2014.