drchrono provides a patient care platform that consists of an iPad based Electronic health record (EHR), an iPad based patient portal (onboarding system) and a web based practice management and medical billing system. drchrono was a member company of the Winter 2011 Y-Combinator program and is based in Mountain View, CA.
The company released the first tablet EHR system to be certified for meaningful use by Infogard Laboratories in June 2011.
In January 2012, the company announced a $2.8 million round of funding led by Russian tech mogul Yuri Milner.
Free Medical Search Engines
drchrono provides a number of free medical search engines: a medical icd-9 search engine, an electronic medical insurance search engine, and an iPhone ICD-9 search engine. They also offer a platform to ask questions about medical billing. Planned expansions to the search engines include releasing a DSM search engine.
- http://www.marketwatch.com/story/drchrono-releases-new-product-bundle-free-e-prescribing-now-available-2011-09-22. Missing or empty
- Myers, Courtney (March 15, 2011). "drchrono is building a health care revolution on the iPad". Technology Review (The Next Web). Retrieved August 23, 2014.
- Wortham, Jenna (January 26, 2012). "drchrono Raises $2.8 Million to Digitize Doctor's Visits". Technology Review (NYT). Retrieved August 23, 2014.
- Stephens, Ron (10 May 2009). "Dr. Chrono, an interview with the creators of a business app using Django and Python". Python411. Retrieved 2009-05-10.
- Husain, Iltifat (28 April 2010). "The First Electronic Health Record Customized For The iPad Has Arrived". iMedicalApps. Retrieved 2010-10-28.
- Husain, Iltifat (26 January 2012). "DrChrono Closes $2.8 M. Round Led by Yuri Milner". Betabeat. Retrieved 2012-05-19.