|Studio album by Toby Keith|
|Released||June 24, 1997|
|Toby Keith chronology|
Dream Walkin' is the fourth studio album from American country music artist Toby Keith. His last studio album for Mercury Records (by this point, all of PolyGram's Nashville operations were consolidated under the Mercury name), it was certified gold by the RIAA for sales of 500,000 copies. The tracks "We Were in Love", "I'm So Happy I Can't Stop Crying", "Dream Walkin'", and "Double Wide Paradise" were all released as singles. Respectively, these reached #2, #2, #5, and #40 on the Hot Country Songs charts, making this the first studio album of Keith's career not to produce any Number One hits.
"I'm So Happy I Can't Stop Crying" was originally recorded by British rock artist Sting on his 1997 album Mercury Falling, from which it was released as a single. The version featured here is a duet with Sting, and is Sting's only entry on the country music charts.
"Jacky Don Tucker (Play by the Rules, Miss All the Fun)" was later included in the soundtrack to the 2006 film Broken Bridges, which was also Keith's debut as an actor. It was earlier included in the 2000 movie The Dukes of Hazzard: Hazzard in Hollywood!
A music video was filmed for "Tired", although it was not released as a single.
- "We Were in Love" (Chuck Cannon, Allen Shamblin) - 4:20
- "Dream Walkin'" (Toby Keith, Cannon) - 3:56
- "You Don't Anymore" (Keith, Eric Silver) - 3:28
- "Jacky Don Tucker (Play by the Rules Miss All the Fun)" (Keith, Cannon) - 2:58
- "Tired" (Keith, Cannon) - 4:42
- "Double Wide Paradise" (Paul Thorn, Billy Maddox) - 3:43
- "Yet" (Keith, Cannon) - 4:18
- "She Ran Away with a Rodeo Clown" (Keith) - 2:56
- "Strangers Again" (Keith) - 3:25
- "I'm So Happy I Can't Stop Crying" (Sting) - 3:59
- duet with Sting
- "I Don't Understand My Girlfriend" (Keith, Jim Femino) - 2:33
- Mike Brignardello – bass guitar
- Larry Byrom – acoustic guitar
- Dan Dugmore – steel guitar
- Paul Franklin – steel guitar
- Owen Hale – drums
- Dann Huff – electric guitar
- Clayton Ivey – piano
- Michael Landau – electric guitar
- Brent Mason – electric guitar
- Steve Nathan – keyboards
- Brent Rowan – electric guitar
- Paul Thorn – background vocals on "Double Wide Paradise"
- Dennis Wilson – background vocals
- Curtis Wright – background vocals
- Curtis Young – background vocals
|U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums||8|
|U.S. Billboard 200||107|
- Dream Walkin' (CD). Toby Keith. Mercury Records. 1997. 314-534 836-2.