Dreamin' My Dreams (Patty Loveless album)
|Dreamin' My Dreams|
|Studio album by Patty Loveless|
|Released||September 13, 2005|
|Producer||Emory Gordy, Jr.
|Patty Loveless chronology|
|Singles from Dreamin' My Dreams|
|"Keep Your Distance" on YouTube|
Dreamin' My Dreams is the fourteenth album of original recordings by Patty Loveless. Released in September 2005, the album debuted on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart on October 1, 2005 at #29 (its peak), staying on the charts for 8 weeks until November 26, 2005.
This was the last album Loveless recorded for Epic Records before the label closed its Nashville division in 2005.
- "Keep Your Distance" (Richard Thompson) – 3:49
- "Old Soul" (Lee Roy Parnell, Tony Arata) – 5:33
- "When Being Who You Are Is Not Enough" (Jim Lauderdale, Leslie Satcher) – 3:16
- "Nobody Here by That Name" (Arata, Pete Wasner) – 3:56
- "Same Kind of Crazy" (Delbert McClinton, Gary Nicholson) – 3:45
- "Everything But the Words" (Lauderdale, Satcher) – 4:09
- "Dreaming My Dreams with You" (Allen Reynolds) – 4:43
- "On the Verge of Tears" (Thom Schuyler) – 3:19
- "Never Ending Song of Love" (Delaney Bramlett) – 2:56
- duet with Dwight Yoakam
- "Big Chance" (Patty Loveless, Emory Gordy, Jr.) – 2:52
- "My Old Friend the Blues" (Steve Earle) 2:58
- "When I Reach the Place I'm Going" (Gordy, Joe Henry) – 7:45
As listed in liner notes.
|The Music Box|||
"Never Ending Song of Love" was recorded a duet with fellow Pikeville, Kentucky native Dwight Yoakam. The original version of “Never Ending Song of Love” was recorded by Delaney and Bonnie Bramlett as a rock/soul song (It was Billboard's #67 top 100 pop single of 1971). It is the second time that they have recorded together. They had previously recorded "Send a Message to My Heart" on Yoakam's album If There Was a Way, released in 1992.
The album's title song was recorded by Loveless in memory of Waylon Jennings. It was written by record producer-songwriter Allen Reynolds and was originally recorded in 1975 by both Jennings (on his album Dreaming My Dreams) and Crystal Gayle (on her album Somebody Loves You) when Reynolds was Gayle's record producer. "When I Reach the Place I'm Going" This track was originally recorded by Wynonna Judd on her debut album.
|U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums||29|
|U.S. Billboard 200||175|
- Billboard.biz - Music Business - Billboard Charts - Album Sales - Concert Tours
- Dreamin' My Dreams (CD booklet). Patty Loveless. Epic Records Nashville. 2005. EK-94481.
- About.com review
- Allmusic review
- BBC Music review
- Entertainment Weekly review
- The Music Box review
- No Depression review
- Paste review
- People review
- Slant Magazine review