Dreamland is an unincorporated community on Copper Island (the Keweenaw Peninsula), in Torch Lake Township, Houghton County, in the Upper Peninsula of the U.S. state of Michigan. It has been described as being a "district of Bootjack" or in Bootjack, but is usually recognised as a separate town. The town consists almost entirely of the Dreamland Inn (sometimes called the Dreamland Bar & Restaurant, Dreamland Hotel or "Dreamland Hotel and bar;" it is often referred to as being in Lake Linden—due to that being its mailing address) and some docks on Torch Bay.
It is located at Coordinates: ; the elevation is 616 feet (188 m) above sea level.
Dreamland was founded in 1913 with the building of the resort (containing a bar and hotel rooms often frequented by loggers unable to make it home in the winter) by Norbert Sarazin. A dance pavilion, originally quite a local attraction, burned in 1921 and Prohibition caused the closing of the bar; it reopened in 1947.
Logging was formerly the main industry in the town.
- "Portage Lake (photograph by J.W. Nara)". Retrieved 2007-08-30.
- "Valley SnoDrifters Snowmobile Club Web Page". Retrieved 2007-08-30.
- "Dreamland Hotel". Retrieved 2007-08-30.
- "Jacobsville - Michigan's Upper Peninsula". Retrieved 2007-08-30.
- "Dreamland Hotel in Lake Linden, MI - AOL Local Yellow Pages". Retrieved 2007-08-30.
- "Dreamland Hotel - Lake Linden, MI - PubCrawler.com Information for Dreamland Hotel". Retrieved 2007-08-30.
- Nordberg, Jane (2007-08-25-26). "Dreamland: Bootjack Dreamin' Is About Family". The (Houghton, Michigan) Daily Mining Gazette. pp. Copper Country 2007 Special Section, p.34. Check date values in:
- "Office-Nara Logging-Dreamland: Photograph by J.W. Nara from Michigan Technological University digital archives". Retrieved 2007-08-30.
- Map of Dreamland, MI by Mapquest
- Dreamland Bar & Restaurant - Lake Linden Casual Dining, Pure Michigan Travel
- Photographs of Dreamland with wraparound porch and interior view with moose head
- The Dance Gallery Foundation
- Photograph of Dreamland Hotel
- Photograph of deck of logs at Dreamland by J.W. Nara
- Photograph by J.W. Nara of "Exterior of building with five men standing on steps. Horse and cart stand nearby, with dirt road leading off into the distance. Utility poles with wires on them cut across scene" from Michigan Technological University digital archives
- Photograph of Dreamland Beach by J.W. Nara from Michigan Technological University digital archives