|Founders||"Big Daddy" John Bishop|
|Headquarters||Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States|
|Number of locations||8|
|Area served||Alabama and Georgia|
Dreamland Bar-B-Que is a barbecue restaurant chain based in Alabama. It was founded by "Big Daddy" John Bishop in the Jerusalem Heights neighborhood of Tuscaloosa, Alabama, in 1958, but has since franchised, opening Alabama restaurants in Birmingham, Montgomery, Huntsville, Mobile, and Northport. It has also opened two restaurants in the Atlanta, Georgia metropolitan area, in Roswell and Peachtree Corners.
The menu differs among locations. At the original location in Tuscaloosa, the menu consists of only ribs, rib sandwiches, and white bread. Other locations also serve pulled pork, barbecue chicken, smoked sausage, baked beans, cole slaw, potato salad, house salads, and banana pudding. Dreamland is known for its ribs and barbecue sauce.
The original Dreamland is one of Tuscaloosa's main attractions. The restaurants have received much attention from local and national media outlets. In 2005, Southern Living listed Dreamland in its article on the best restaurants in Alabama. In 2006, USA Today included Dreamland as one of the top 10 barbecue joints in the country. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, in 2006 listed Dreamland at #3 of "best eateries around the SEC." In May 2008, Details Magazine listed Dreamland as the best barbecue by mail order.
The exterior of the original Dreamland in Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- "Rib meat and greet at Alabama an absolute Dream". USA Today. 2008-10-02. Retrieved 2008-10-02.
- "The Bear aside, here's what to do in Tuscaloosa". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved 2009-02-11.
- "Our Favorite Regional Restaurants: Alabama". Southern Living. Retrieved 2008-09-11.
- "USA Today's Top 10 barbecue joints". Slashfood. 2006-05-07. Retrieved 2008-09-11.
- D'Alessio, Jeff (2006-01-24). "GIMME 5: Best eateries around the SEC". The Atlanta-Journal Constitution.
- "Dreamland BBQ - In the news". Dreamland Bar-B-Q. Retrieved 2008-09-11.