||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (January 2014)|
|Headquarters||Nashville,TN. and Bucharest, Romania|
|Key people||Serban Enache
Dreamstime is a microstock photography agency based in Brentwood, Tennessee, with offices located in Bucharest, Romania. It is a community based agency sourcing stock photos and illustrations from worldwide contributors. In March 2013, Dreamstime had over 16 million images online from nearly 150,000 contributors and more than 5.7 million users.
The website has been online since 2000 as a Royalty free stock photography website. In 2004, Serban Enache and Dragos Jianu co-founded Dreamstime. The agency is the second launched company in the industry after Istockphoto. Dreamstime is one of the major players in the microstock market along with Istockphoto, Fotolia and Shutterstock. In 2005 the company turned down a buyout offer from Microsoft.  In September 2006, Dreamstime became the first microstock photography agency to become a member of both the Picture Archive Council of America(PACA) and CEntre of the PICcture Industry (CEPIC).
As of July 2012, Dreamstime had an Alexa ranking of 965 in the US and 952 globally. The average Dreamstime contributor makes from a few tens to a few hundreds of dollars a month, while top contributors make over $10,000 a month.
- Gibson, Steve (April 13, 2008). "Dreamstime Site Review". Microstock Insider. Retrieved July 19, 2012.
- Levine, Robert (April 4, 2007). "Photo wars: A $2 billion business gets rough". CNN Money. Retrieved July 19, 2012.
- Bryant, Linda (23 December 2007). "Dreamstime has $100M dreams". Nashville Business Journal. Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- "Dreamstime Stock Photography". Alexa. Retrieved July 19, 2012.
- "Interviu cu fondatorul Dreamstime – un succes international "made in Romania"". Arenabiz (in Romanian). August 31, 2009. Retrieved March 24, 2013.