Dreamtale at YO-talo in Tampere, Finland, in February 2004. From left to right, Keränen, Ahola, Orjatsalo.
|Genres||Power metal, Speed metal, Symphonic Metal|
|Past members||Turkka Vuorinen
Dreamtale was founded by guitarist Rami Keränen in the early months of 1999. Keränen also served as the band's vocalist until 2002. The band first gathered fame by playing as Sinergy's supporting act in Finland, and their second demo, Refuge from Reality, sold out on the day of its release.
Most of the copies of the demo were sold in Japan, which helped the band make itself known to record labels. Dreamtale started receiving recording deal offers from around the world, and in August 2001 signed a deal with Spinefarm Records.
In December 2001, Dreamtale started the recordings of Beyond Reality. After finishing the album, Dreamtale went through changes in their line-up: Pasi Ristolainen replaced bassist Alois Weimer, and a new singer, Tomi Viiltola, joined the group. Keränen is the sole founding member to remain with the band.
Beyond Reality, which was released in Japan in June and elsewhere during July 2002, selling well and gaining the band a following in Japan. To please Japanese fans, the band quickly began recording a second full-length album.
Recordings for their second album Ocean's Heart were begun in January 2003 at Fantom studios Finland, where the album was then mixed by Samu Oittinen. Finishing touches were added with Mika Jussila's mastering at Finnvox-studios.
Keyboardist Turkka Vuorinen left the band in 2006 and was replaced by Akseli Kaasalainen. In late 2008, bassist Pasi Ristolainen left the band, mainly because of a lack of motivation. Dreamtale has since replaced him with Heikki Ahonen.
In 2010, they released samples of songs called Angel Of Light, Reasons Revealed and Strangers' Ode. The 5th album called Epsilon was released in 2011 through the band's own label Secret Door Records. This album saw the return of original drummer, Petteri Rosenbom. With Epsilon released also in Russia by Fono Ltd., the band played their first shows abroad in St. Petersburg and Moscow in October 2011.
It was announced on the 14th of January, 2013 that their 6th studio album was being recorded. Timo Tolkki mixed the album in February and the tracklist was revealed that same month. The album, World Changed Forever, was released on April 26, 2013.
- Rami Keränen - Guitar (1999-), vocals (1999–2002)
- Erkki Seppänen - Vocals (2007-)
- Seppo Kolehmainen - Guitar (2007-)
- Akseli Kaasalainen - Keyboards (2006-)
- Heikki Ahonen - Bass (2009-)
- Janne Juutinen - Drums (2014-)
- Rolf Pilve - Drums
- Turkka Vuorinen - Keyboards (2000–2006)
- Alois Weimer - Bass (2000–2002)
- Tomi Viiltola - Vocals (2002–2003)
- Esa Orjatsalo - Guitar (1999–2004)
- Jarkko Ahola - Vocals (2003–2005)
- Arto Pitkänen - Drums (2008–2010)
- Nils Nordling - Vocals (2005–2007)
- Pasi Ristolainen - Bass (2002–2008)
- Mikko Mattila - Guitar (2004–2007)
- Petteri Rosenbom - Drums (1999–2005, 2010-2014)
|Title||Release Date||Peak chart positions|
December 2, 2002
September 15, 2003
April 25, 2005
June 4, 2008
April 20, 2011
|World Changed Forever||
April 26, 2013
|Single||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"Take What the Heavens Create"||—|
|"Angel of Light"||
|"Tides Of War"||
||—||World Changed Forever|
|"Join The Rain"||—|
- Shadow of the Frozen Sun (1999)
- Refuge from Reality (2000)
- "DREAMTALE Parts Ways With Keyboardist, Announces Replacement". Blabbermouth.net. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- "Dreamtale discography". finnishcharts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved 11 May 2013.