Dretch (Dungeons & Dragons)
The dretch first appeared in first edition Advanced Dungeons & Dragons in the adventure module The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth (1982), and the dretch (minor demon) was reprinted under the "demon" heading in the first edition Monster Manual II (1983).
The dretch (least tanar'ri) appeared in second edition under the "tanar'ri" heading in the Monstrous Compendium Volume Outer Planes Appendix (1991). The dretch (least tanar'ri) appeared for the Planescape setting in the first Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix (1994).
The dretch appeared in the fourth edition Monster Manual 2 (2009).
The dretch are the most common and least powerful of all demons. A dretch has a round, rubbery body and thin, spindly arms and legs.
- Gygax, Gary. The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth (TSR, 1982)
- Gygax, Gary. Monster Manual II (TSR, 1983)
- LaFountain, J. Paul. Monstrous Compendium Outer Planes Appendix. (TSR, 1991)
- Varney, Allen, ed. Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix (TSR, 1994)
- Cook, Monte, Jonathan Tweet, and Skip Williams. Monster Manual (Wizards of the Coast, 2000)
- Cook, Monte, Jonathan Tweet, and Skip Williams. Monster Manual (Wizards of the Coast, 2003)
- Heinsoo, Rob, Stephen Shubert. Monster Manual 2 (Wizards of the Coast, 2009)
- Bulmahn, Jason (lead designer). Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary (Paizo Publishing, 2009)