|Birth name||W. Drew Hastings|
March 2, 1954 |
|Spouse||Taryn Blanchard (m. 2014)|
|Notable works and roles||Irked And Miffed|
Hastings was born in Casablanca, Morocco to an English mother, Pamela, and an American G.I. father named Drew. He emigrated to the United States at a young age and grew up in the Midwest, particularly in the Ohio cities of Kettering, Dayton and Cincinnati.
Hastings began performing onstage at the age of thirty-one. After having lived in several large cities in the 1970s, including New York, he had moved back to Ohio. In the early 1990s, he moved to Los Angeles, where he would later receive several guest-starring roles and television pilots for networks such as Fox, NBC, and HBO. While in California, he starred in several one-man shows such as Commencement Speech, Life & Other Short Stories, and The Business of Living. The main character of The Business of Living, a motivational speaker/success guru named "Jack Freeman", gained a small cult following in California and has become increasingly popular throughout the Midwest. While living in L.A., he got a rare standing ovation on "The Tonight Show".
Hastings would later sit in as a guest on The Bob & Tom Show. In 2006, he starred in The Friends of Bob & Tom Comedy Central special alongside other comedians such as Bob Zany, Greg Hahn, Roy Wood, Jr., and Mike Armstrong.
On April 26, 2008, Comedy Central aired Drew Hastings: Irked and Miffed, Hastings' premiere one-hour television special. The performance was released on May 6, 2008 through Image Entertainment.
Hastings expressed interest in running for mayor in the city of Hillsboro, Ohio in June 2010 as a Republican Party candidate. On January 20, 2011, Hastings took out a candidate petition to run for the position of mayor for the city of Hillsboro.
Hastings filed his petition with the county's Board of Elections, as did two other Republican hopefuls. With the city's primary election held on May 3, 2011, Hastings won the primary election with receiving 295 votes. On November 8, 2011, Hastings won the Hillsboro, Ohio general election garnering 1,008 votes and his opponent, John Levo, received 614 votes. He was sworn in on January 2, 2012.
|Hillsboro, Ohio Mayoral Election, 2011|
Stage and screen
- One man shows
- Tales Of Unrepentance – Written and performed by Drew Hastings – HBO Theatre, Los Angeles, CA – 1998
- The Business of Living – Written and performed by Drew Hastings – HBO Workspace – Los Angeles, CA – 1999
- Yard Sale – Written and performed by Drew Hastings – Tamarind Theatre, Los Angeles – 1995
- The Peter Principle – 2000 – Uncredited – Co-starred with Paul F. Tompkins
- The Big Wide World Of Carl Laemke - 2003 - Uncredited
- Drew Hastings: Irked and Miffed - May 6, 2008
- Bob and Tom Radio: The Comedy Tour - September 19, 2006
- I Have No Fight With You People - 2005
- I'm Just Like You - 2003
- "Highland County Press". HighlandCountyPress.com. 3 May 2011. Retrieved 2013-07-31.
- Martin, Jim (2008). "Bet the Funny Farm article". Go Erie. Retrieved 2013-07-31.
- MacDonald-Murray Management: Drew Hastings Biography[dead link]
- "Kalamazoo Gazette". mlive.com. 7 Feb 2008. Retrieved 2013-07-31.
- "Evansville Courier Press". Courierpress.com. Retrieved 2013-07-31.
- "Highland County Press 17 Jun 2010". Highlandcountypress.com. Retrieved 2013-07-31.
- "Highland County Press 3 Feb 2011". Highlandcountypress.com. Retrieved 2013-07-31.
- "The Leading Examiner Site on the Net". Examiners.com. Retrieved 2013-07-31.
- "Los Angeles Magazine - Google Books". Books.google.com. Retrieved 2013-07-31.
- Melvin Goes to Dinner (2003) - Full cast and crew
- Let's Go to Prison (2006) - Full cast and crew
- The Peter Principle (2000) (TV) - Full cast and crew
- The Big Wide World of Carl Laemke (2003) (TV) - Full cast and crew