|Born||March 4, 1983|
|Alma mater||Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Bachelor's degree)|
|Occupation||Co-founder and CEO of Dropbox|
|Net worth||US$400 million (2011)|
Andrew W. "Drew" Houston is an American internet entrepreneur who is best known for being the founder and CEO of Dropbox, an online backup and storage service. According to Forbes magazine, his net worth is $400 million US dollars.
Drew Houston was born in Acton, Massachusetts in 1983. He attended Acton-Boxborough Regional High School in the 1990s. He later graduated with a degree in Computer Science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where he was a member of the Phi Delta Theta fraternity. It was there that he met Arash Ferdowsi who would later go on to be co-founder and CTO of Dropbox.
Drew Houston reportedly conceived the idea for Dropbox after repeatedly forgetting his USB drive while he was a student at MIT. He says that existing services at the time "suffered problems with Internet latency, large files, bugs, or just made me think too much." He began making something for himself, but then realized that it could benefit others with the same problem. Drew Houston founded Dropbox, Inc. in 2007, and shortly thereafter secured seed funding from Y Combinator. Dropbox officially launched at 2008's TechCrunch50, an annual technology conference.
Drew Houston was named one of the most promising players aged 30 and under by Business Week and Dropbox has been touted as Y Combinator's most successful investment to date. Drew was also named among the top 30 under-30 entrepreneurs by inc.com, and Dropbox has been called one of the 20 best startups of Silicon Valley.
In June 2013, MIT invited Houston to serve as speaker at its annual commencement ceremonies. In his remarks, Houston gave this advice: "They say that you're the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with. Think about that for a minute: who would be in your circle of 5? I have some good news: MIT is one of the best places in the world to start building that circle. If I hadn't come here, I wouldn't have met Adam, I wouldn't have met my amazing cofounder, Arash, and there would be no Dropbox. One thing I've learned is surrounding yourself with inspiring people is now just as important as being talented or working hard. Can you imagine if Michael Jordan hadn’t been in the NBA, if his circle of 5 had been a bunch of guys in Italy? Your circle pushes you to be better, just as Adam pushed me." 
- "Forbes 400: Ones to Watch". Forbes.
- Ying, Jon (2009-02-05). "Meet the Team! (Part 1)". The Dropbox Blog. Dropbox, Inc. Retrieved 2010-04-24.
- "About Dropbox". Dropbox, Inc. Retrieved 2010-04-22. "Dropbox was founded by Drew Houston and Arash Ferdowsi in 2007, and received seed funding from Y Combinator."
- Kincaid, Jason (2009-10-13). "Dropbox Acquires The Domain Everyone Thought It Had: Dropbox.com". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2010-04-25.
- "Drew Houston". Retrieved 2010-04-15.
- "Silicon Valley Startups". Retrieved 2010-04-15.
- "Drew Houston commencement remarks". Retrieved 2013-06-11.
- "Our supporters". FWD.us. Retrieved 2013-04-17.