Education for Life
|2901 California St., San Francisco, California
|Head of school||Samuel M. Cuddeback III|
|Number of students||280|
|Student to teacher ratio||8:1|
Maroon, Silver, Black
|Athletics||21 teams, JV and Varsity|
|Athletics conference||Bay Counties League - Central|
Drew School (formerly Drew College Preparatory School) is an independent, coeducational, college-preparatory high school located in San Francisco, California, United States. The school was founded and named in 1908 by John Sheehan Drew and today serves grades 9-12.
Founded initially in 1908 as a single-student "coaching school" by Bay Area educator John Sheehan Drew, the school moved to its present location at California St. and Broderick St. in 1911 and became a non-profit institution with an independent board of trustees in 1973. It underwent a complete renovation in 2001, designed by Perkins + Will; while also adding a 45,000 square-feet, attached assembly wing in 2011, designed by Patrick Blanc.
- Alexander Massialas ('12), Olympic fencer
- Mohammad Javad Zarif ('77), Iranian Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Alexander Wang, Fashion Designer
- Tyson Vogel ('99), Musician, band member of Two Gallants
- Anne Lamott, Writer
- Oscar Andrew Wallace Drew School soccer, basketball, and all around legend.
- The King Cesar ('15) World renowned rapper and musician. Part of Verdict Records Entertainment
- Balan, Jeremy (April 28, 2011). "International and Drew to swap leagues in 2012". San Francisco Examiner. Retrieved October 16, 2013.
- Gormley, Kerry S. (January 2010). "Tuition Makeover". Currents: Council For Advancement and Support of Education: 32–34. Retrieved May 2, 2011.
- "Drew School". San Francisco Chronicle. August 8, 1926. Retrieved May 2, 2011.
- "Drew College Preparatory". Drew College Preparatory. Perkins + Will. Retrieved May 2, 2011.
- King, John (October 27, 2009). "Botanist's green walls take plants to new level". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved May 2, 2011.
- "Drew School". Organizational Member Information. National Association of Independent Schools. Retrieved May 3, 2011.
- "Northern California Schools". CAIS Membership Directory: 4. 2010. Retrieved May 3, 2011.
- "Drew School". Directory of Schools. Western Association of Schools and Colleges.