Drift Off to Dream
|"Drift Off to Dream"|
|Single by Travis Tritt|
|from the album Country Club|
|Length||5:15 (album version)|
|Writer(s)||Travis Tritt, Stewart Harris|
|Travis Tritt singles chronology|
"Drift Off to Dream" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music artist Travis Tritt. It was released in January 1991 as the fifth and final single from his debut album Country Club. It peaked at number 3 in the United States, while it became his third number-one hit in Canada. The song was written by Tritt and Stewart Harris.
"Drift Off to Dream" is a mid-tempo waltz. It begins with the male narrator, alone in a bar, thinking about a lover whom he would like to meet. He imagines holding hands with her on a blanket in the yard and kissing until she "drift[s] off to dream" in his arms.
The music video was directed by Sherman Halsey.
The following musicians play on this track:
- Sam Bacco – suspended cymbal, percussion
- Mike Brignardello – bass guitar
- Larry Byrom – acoustic guitar
- Jerry Douglas – Dobro
- Dana McVicker – background vocals
- Edgar Meyer – arco bass
- Mark O'Connor – fiddle
- Bobby Ogdin – piano
- Steve Turner – drums, percussion
- Billy Joe Walker, Jr. – acoustic guitar
- Terri Williams – background vocals
- Reggie Young – electric guitar
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||1|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||3|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||21|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||33|
by Dolly Parton with Ricky Van Shelton
|RPM Country Tracks
May 25, 1991
"If I Know Me"
by George Strait
- Country Club (cassette liner). Travis Tritt. Warner Bros. Records. 1989. 4-26094.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 1526." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. May 25, 1991. Retrieved August 16, 2013.
- "Travis Tritt Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Travis Tritt.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1991". RPM. December 21, 1991. Retrieved August 16, 2013.
- "Best of 1991: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1991. Retrieved August 16, 2013.