Drink in My Hand
|"Drink in My Hand"|
|Single by Eric Church|
|from the album Chief|
|Released||August 15, 2011|
Michael P. Heeney
|Eric Church singles chronology|
"Drink in My Hand" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music artist Eric Church. It was released in August 2011 as the tenth single of his career, and the second from his album Chief. It has become the first number 1 single of his career. Church wrote the song with Michael P. Heeney and Luke Laird.
"Drink in My Hand" is an up-tempo where the male narrator sings about drinking alcohol to forget his problems, suggesting that "All you gotta do is put a drink in my hand."
Billy Dukes of Taste of Country gave the song four and a half stars out of five, writing that it is "rowdy and fun" and "should easily become the most successful song of the singer’s three album career." Matt Bjorke of Roughstock gave the song four and a half stars of five, calling it "downright perfect as the theme song to a fun weekend" and adding that it "truly feels like a monster hit." Dan Milliken, reviewing the song for Country Universe, gave it a B-, saying that it is "just a radio hit [with] no higher aspiration than to be a slightly cooler version of 'All About Tonight'."
The music video was directed by Peter Zavadil and premiered in September 2011. It shows Eric at a concert, as well as various close-ups. It was filmed using a grainy-style technique, so the video is fast and somewhat blurry.
Charts and certifications
"Let It Rain"
by David Nail featuring Sarah Buxton
|Billboard Hot Country Songs
January 28, 2012
"I Don't Want This Night to End"
by Luke Bryan
- Dukes, Billy (August 9, 2011). "Eric Church, ‘Drink in My Hand’ – Song Review". Taste of Country. Retrieved October 21, 2011.
- Bjorke, Matt (August 15, 2011). "Eric Church - "Drink In My Hand"". Roughstock. Retrieved October 21, 2011.
- Milliken, Dan (August 28, 2011). "Single Review: Eric Church, "Drink in My Hand"". Country Universe. Retrieved October 21, 2011.
- "CMT : Videos : Eric Church : Drink In My Hand". Country Music Television. Retrieved October 21, 2011.
- Morris, Edward (August 20, 2011). "Luke Bryan Tops Chart With Tailgates & Tanlines". Country Music Television. Retrieved October 21, 2011.
- Grein, Paul (April 16, 2014). "Chart Watch: "Happy" tops 4M". Yahoo! Music. Yahoo!.
- "Eric Church Album & Song Chart History" Canadian Hot 100 for Eric Church.
- "Eric Church Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Eric Church.
- "Eric Church Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Eric Church.
- "Best of 2011: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2011. Retrieved December 10, 2011.
- "Best of 2012: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2012. Retrieved December 14, 2012.
- "Canadian single certifications – Eric Church – Drink In My Hand". Music Canada. Retrieved January 10, 2014.
- "American single certifications – Eric Church – Drink In My Hand". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH