Drinks After Work (song)
|"Drinks After Work"|
|Single by Toby Keith|
|from the album Drinks After Work|
|Released||June 25, 2013|
|Label||Show Dog-Universal Music|
|Toby Keith singles chronology|
"Drinks After Work" is a song written by Luke Laird, Barry Dean and Natalie Hemby and recorded by American country music artist Toby Keith. It was released in June 2013 as the first single from his 17th studio album of the same name.
The song is about two workers who get together casually to have "drinks after work".
Billy Dukes of Taste of Country gave the song two stars out of five, writing that "‘Drinks After Work’ is so far removed from what fans expect from Keith that it’s jarring." Matt Bjorke of Roughstock gave the song a favorable review, saying "Drinks After Work" is the most relevant Toby Keith's sounded at Country Radio in quite some time. He might've scored hits here or there but he understands the 'game' that an artist must be able to play at Country radio from time to time and this one truly feels like his own "Pontoon" of sorts (as well it should since it was written by the same writing team) and there's no way "Drinks After Work" isn't a massive hit this summer for Toby Keith. It's a can't-miss single." Giving it a "B", Tammy Ragusa of Country Weekly thought that the "arrangement is unexpected and seems a bit electronic for what we expect from Toby", and said that its lyrics fit his style even though he did not write it.
"Drinks After Work" debuted at number 26 on the U.S. Billboard Country Airplay chart for the week of June 29, 2013. It also debuted at number 36 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart for the week of July 13, 2013. It also debuted at number 19 on the U.S. Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles chart for the week of July 13, 2013. It also debuted at number 98 on the Canadian Hot 100 chart for the week of August 10, 2013.
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||95|
|Canada Country (Billboard)||30|
|US Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles (Billboard)||2|
|US Country Airplay (Billboard)||17|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||28|
|US Country Airplay (Billboard)||72|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||71|
- Sterdan, Darryl (August 29, 2013). "Miley Cyrus, NIN top the 2013 fall music preview". Canoe.ca. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- Dukes, Billy (June 19, 2013). "Toby Keith, ‘Drinks After Work’ – Song Review". Taste of Country. Retrieved July 3, 2013.
- Bjorke, Matt (June 11, 2013). "Single Review: Toby Keith - Drinks After Work". Roughstock. Retrieved July 3, 2013.
- Ragusa, Tammy (22 July 2013). "Reviews: 'Drinks After Work'". Country Weekly 20 (29): 50. ISSN 1074-3235.
- "Toby Keith Album & Song Chart History" Canadian Hot 100 for Toby Keith.
- "Toby Keith Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Canada Country for Toby Keith.
- "Toby Keith Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 for Toby Keith.
- "Toby Keith Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Country Airplay for Toby Keith.
- "Toby Keith Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Toby Keith.
- "Billboard Country Update for December 16, 2013". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. December 16, 2013. p. 21. Retrieved December 17, 2013.
- "Best of 2013: Hot Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2013. Retrieved December 13, 2013.