|Publisher(s)||Sony Computer Entertainment|
|Mode(s)||Single-player, online multiplayer|
|Distribution||Blu-ray Disc, download|
Driveclub (stylised as DRIVECLUB) is a 2014 racing video game for the PlayStation 4, developed by Evolution Studios and published by Sony Computer Entertainment. Driveclub was officially announced during the PlayStation 4 press conference on 20 February 2013. The game was released in October 2014. In Europe, the game is also available with the PlayStation 4 in two different bundles: one with the white version of the console, the other with the black version.
Driveclub differs from Evolution Studios previous racing franchise, MotorStorm, in that it focuses on road racing rather than off-road racing. As the name Driveclub suggests, players are able to make clubs of up to 6 players and complete challenges together to earn fame (a basic form of currency in the game). Every team member's action contributes to the club's overall success. The game's tracks and environments are inspired by real places in diverse regions across the globe. Driveclub also features dynamic weather such as rain and snow, and a day-night cycle.
There are three main game modes in Driveclub; tour, single event and multiplayer. In tour, you complete single player events set in various locations using the allocated cars. A set of objectives are also present and can be tackled during the events. In the single event game mode, players choose what event they would like to play (drift, race or time-trial) and have the freedom to select the location, weather and other options. Finally, the multiplayer game mode revolves around competition and co-operation with real life players. Players can complete challenges with social leaderboards, create clubs and play online races.
In early September 2014, Evolution Studios announced a DLC Season Pass. The pass will introduce 11 new courses, 23 new events, and a new car every month until June 2015. The DLC will be both paid, and free. 
On 18 October 2013, Sony announced that Driveclub will be delayed until early 2014. In a statement posted on the PlayStation Blog, the company states that, "SCE Worldwide Studios and the team at Evolution Studios have made the difficult decision to delay the release of Driveclub and Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition until early 2014," Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida explained. "Driveclub will be a truly innovative, socially connected racing game, but the team requires more time in order to deliver on their vision - and I'm fully confident the game will surpass your expectations." 
On 10 March 2014, PlayStation Software Product Development Head Scott Rohde mentioned in an interview with IGN that the title has met further delays with the following statement: "What I will say is that it all comes back to that fundamental principle, and that’s that we want to build great games, and we really don't want to release a game before it's ready." Rohde or any other Sony representative could not at the time give a more specific release date but hinted that it might take a while referring to that the game has "gone back to the drawing board".
On 30 April 2014, game director Paul Rustchynsky stated that the delay was caused by the game's "dynamic menu". This menu will allow you to quickly navigate from menu to menu, join clubs, race, and perform many other activities within the game.
Before release, Evolution Studios had confirmed that Driveclub runs at resolution of 1080p and would be capped at 30 frames per second.
PlayStation Plus Edition
Playstation Plus members will be able to download an exclusive edition of Driveclub, dubbed the Playstation Plus edition, for free. It comes with all the game modes and online capabilities of the paid version but has a limited number of cars and locations available to the player. The Playstation Plus edition was originally set to be released on the same date as the full version of Driveclub, but was delayed to ease the load and traffic to the servers. 
|Driveclub Original Soundtrack|
|Soundtrack album by Hybrid|
|Released||7 October 2014|
|Genre||Electronica, trip hop, breakbeat, progressive trance, big beat, video game soundtrack|
The in-game music is turned off by default. According to game director Paul Rustchynsky, this is done to emphasize on the game's sound design.
|Driveclub Original Soundtrack|
|1.||"Be Here Now"||-||4:57|
|5.||"The Club Rules"||-||4:26|
|6.||"Be Here Now"||Hybrid||4:28|
|10.||"The Club Rules"||Hybrid||4:23|
|11.||"Be Here Now"||Alex Banks||4:55|
|12.||"All Torque"||Black Sun Empire||4:33|
|14.||"Power Curve"||DJ Shadow x Bleep Bloop||4:47|
|15.||"All Torque"||Elite Force||4:17|
|16.||"All Torque"||F Buttons||5:10|
|17.||"Be Here Now"||Fred V & Grafix||4:12|
|18.||"The Club Rules"||Kilon Tek (Remix 1)||3:52|
|19.||"The Club Rules"||Kilon Tek (Remix 2)||4:42|
|20.||"Power Curve"||Noisia (Driveclub™ Remix)||4:46|
|22.||"Be Here Now"||Qemists||4:06|
|24.||"All Torque"||Second Storey||5:32|
|27.||"Be Here Now (Radio Edit)"||-||3:21|
Justin Towell from GamesRadar gave the game a 8/10, praising its challenge system, accessible handling and beginner-friendly gameplay, saying "it's a big deal for a modern racing game to have enough faith in its core handling to eschew driving assists." He criticized the weak damage and characterized crashes as unsatisfying. He also discouraged playing unconnected, adding "Never have I seen such a dull, lifeless and formulaic single-player mode transformed so spectacularly by online connectivity."
Dale North from Destructoid gave the game a 7.5/10, praising its responsive, satisfying control and impressive sounds, as well as highly detailed environments, while criticizing the lack of replay value, constant AI car bashing and crashing in single-player and infrequent weird visual bugs in the in-car views, but still summarized the game as "has enough to offer over other new and upcoming racing alternatives out there."
Ludwig Kietzmann from Joystiq also praised the stunning environments and excellent sound design. However, he also criticized the abusive AI cars and considered them ruin the whole single-player experience because players often get bumped, smashed and shoved off the road repeatedly. He also criticized the lack of difficulty options.
Luke Reilly from IGN gave the game a 7.9/10. He praised its great sense of speed and graphics, which is described as "the best-looking racing game ever seen on a console", but criticized the overly aggressive and frustrating AI grates and the difficult drifting when compared to the accessible handling, but still summarized the game as "a modest, conventional arcade racer rather than the sprawling, open-world types we commonly see today".
John Robertson from Computer and Video Games gave the game a 8/10, also praising its graphics and the Clubs system, but criticizing the lack of variety in race types and challenges, as well as the arcade-handling, as he described it "sits at odds with the purity of available events".
However, Kevin VanOrd from GameSpot gave the game a 5/10. He praised the attractive cars and race tracks featured, but criticized the soundtrack and the overall presentation of the game. He also praised the graphics of the game, but stated that the environment and the surroundings are "as lifeless as postcards".
Jeff Gerstmann from Giant Bomb gave the game a 2/5, praising its leaderboards, lighting and graphics, but criticizing the confusing menu, overly mechanical AI drivers, weirdly grippy car handling and lack of fun element. He summarized the game as "a weird throwback to the old, dark days of console driving games".
- Langley, Hugh (22 May 2014). "Evolution Studios: Driveclub engine is powerful enough to last the PS4's lifetime". Techradar. Retrieved 13 June 2014.
- Karmali, Luke (29 April 2014). "Driveclub Release Date Officially Revealed". IGN. Retrieved 29 April 2014.
- "Racing Evolves on PlayStation 4 with Driveclub – PlayStation.Blog". Blog.us.playstation.com. Retrieved 21 August 2013.
- "Driveclub Preview". au.ign.com.
- "Two new DRIVECLUB PS4 bundles unveiled". blog.eu.playstation.com. Retrieved 19 September 2014.
- "PS4 Driveclub Bundle Confirmed for Europe, No Word About United States". Gamespot.com. Retrieved 8 July 2014.
- "Your first look at DRIVECLUB's dynamic weather in action". blog.eu.playstation.com. Fred Dutton.
- "Driveclub Delayed But PS Plus Bonuses Updated For PS4 Launch". IGN. 18 October 2013. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- "Sony’s Gone ‘Back to the Drawing Board’ to Make Driveclub ‘Great’". IGN. 10 March 2014. Retrieved 11 March 2014.
- "News: DriveClub won't support virtual reality, Sony confirms". ComputerAndVideoGames.com. 20 March 2014. Retrieved 29 April 2014.
- "DriveClub's New Leader Discusses Delay & Game Details". GameInformer. 30 April 2014. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- "After delaying DriveClub, Evolution is back on track with its PS4 debut". Edge. Future plc. 26 June 2014. Retrieved 1 July 2014.
- "DRIVECLUB: PlayStation Plus Edition - What's included?". www.Youtube.com. Playstation Access (official Playstation account).
- "Driveclub for PlayStation 4". GameRankings. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
- "Driveclub for PlayStation 4". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
- John Robertson (7 October 2014). "Review: DriveClub is stunning to behold, but held back by a lack of variety". Computer and Video Games. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
- Dale North (7 October 2014). "Review: Driveclub". Destructoid. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
- Mike Channell (7 October 2014). "DriveClub review: Clubbed to death". Eurogamer. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
- Matthew Kato (7 October 2014). "DriveClub: Chasing That Familiar Feeling". Game Informer. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
- Nick Tan (7 October 2014). "DriveClub review". Game Revolution. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
- Justin Towell (7 October 2014). "Driveclub review". GamesRadar. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
- Kevin VanOrd (7 October 2014). "Driveclub review: Yawning at the Wheel". GameSpot. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
- Daniel Bloodworth (7 October 2014). "Driveclub - review". GameTrailers. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
- Jason Oestreicher (7 October 2014). "Driveclub review". Giant Bomb. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
- Luke Reilly (7 October 2014). "Driveclub review: Membership Perks". IGN. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
- Ludwig Kietzmann (7 October 2014). "Driveclub review: The Stepford Drives". Joystiq. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
- Philip Kollar (7 October 2014). "Driveclub review: Car Culture". Polygon. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
- Liam Martin (7 October 2014). "Driveclub review (PS4): A simple and straightforward stunner". Digital Spy. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
- Joao Diniz Sanches (8 October 2014). "Driveclub review – a picturesque race towards truly social gaming". The Guardian. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- David Scammell (7 October 2014). "Driveclub Review". VideoGamer.com. Retrieved 20 October 2014.