Driver of the Year
The Driver of the Year Award is an award founded in 1967 by Martini & Rossi. The award is presented to drivers competing in motorsport on four wheels. Today it is privately owned and the voting panel consists of automotive and racing journalists. Mario Andretti won the first award in 1967. Jimmie Johnson has won the award six different times, the most in its history. Kevin Harvick won the award most recently in 2014.
1967: Mario Andretti
1991: Michael Andretti
- "AUTO RACING – Driver Of The Year History". Auto-racing.speedtv.com. Retrieved 2010-12-17.
- The Associated Press. "Johnson named Driver of the Year for fourth time – Dec 15, 2010". Nascar.Com. Retrieved 2010-12-17.
- "No surprise: Kevin Harvick wins 2014 Driver of the Year Award". Fox Sports. Retrieved 10 December 2014.
- "Racin’ Today " DOTY". Racintoday.com. Retrieved 2010-12-17.
- "Racin’ Today " Jimmie Johnson Earns Third DOTY Award". Racintoday.com. 2009-12-16. Retrieved 2010-12-17.
- "Racin’ Today " Jimmie Johnson Becomes Four-Time DOTY Winner". Racintoday.com. Retrieved 2010-12-17.
|This award-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|