Drop Dead, Gorgeous
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2008)|
|Drop Dead, Gorgeous|
|Genres||Melodic metalcore, metalcore, screamo, emocore|
|Labels||Geffen, Suretone, Rise|
|Associated acts||Curses, Bleach Blonde, The Bunny The Bear|
|Past members||Danny Stillman
Drop Dead, Gorgeous was a post-hardcore band from Denver, Colorado. consisted of frontman Danny Stillman (lead vocals/guitars/keys), Kyle Browning (lead guitar/vocals/programming), Jake Hansen (bass) and Danny Cooper (drums/percussion). To date they have released three full-length albums, as well as an EP. Their 2009 album, The Hot N' Heavy, was charted by Billboard at No. 6 on the Top Heatseekers chart, No. 23 on the Independent Albums chart, and No. 192 on The Billboard 200.
In June 2007, Drop Dead, Gorgeous played along with fellow Rise Records label mates The Devil Wears Prada, Dance Gavin Dance, and At The Throne of Judgment on the Rise Records tour. From July 18 to July 22, they played a series of shows in Mexico, before joining the Vans Warped Tour 2007, playing dates from July 25 to August 25. In the duration of their touring in Warped Tour.
In 2007, Borland appeared on select tracks on Worse Than a Fairy Tale, by Colorado band Drop Dead, Gorgeous. Both artists are on Ross Robinson's I AM:WOLFPACK label.
In September and October 2007, they toured in support of Aiden with Still Remains, and 1997 on their first full headlining US tour. They also joined Alesana, Idiot Pilot, and The Number Twelve Looks Like You at the end of November. They filled in for Escape the Fate at the Australian Taste of Chaos shows.
They then headlined "The Hot N' Heavy Tour" with support from He Is Legend, Before Their Eyes, and And Then There Were None. On the second half of the tour Eyes Set to Kill, Watchout! There's Ghosts, and Defending The Pilot joined in.
They went on tour again on October 9, 2009 in support of Blessthefall and Finch on the Atticus tour. In Summer of 2010 they headlined a tour with band such a Scarlett O'Hara as well as Attila, Woe, Is Me, and Abandon All Ships.
On August 19, 2011, Stillman had confirmed that Drop Dead Gorgeous is currently on hiatus because each member is busy with other projects such as ManCub, The Bunny The Bear, Curses and It's Teeth. Although there have been pictures that show some members are already getting together writing music for the next album, the release of new music as Drop Dead, Gorgeous seems unlikely.
In January 2012, Danny Stillman and Danny Cooper confirmed that they are in an Alternative Rock project called Bleach Blonde signed under Rise Records. They released a three track self-titled EP on January 22, 2013.
As of early 2013 their Facebook account had been deleted and their Twitter account now only promotes Stillman's electronica project, giving the sign Drop Dead Gorgeous members have now moved on.
- Daniel Stillman— lead vocals, keyboards, programming (2004-2011)
- Kyle Browning — lead guitar, synthesizers, backing vocals (2004-2011)
- Jake Hansen — bass, backing vocals (2004-2011)
- Danny Cooper — drums, percussion (2004-2011)
- Jacob Belcher — rhythm guitar, backing vocals (2010-2011)
- Former members
- Dan Gustavson — rhythm guitar (2004–2010)
- Aaron Rothe — keyboards, synthesizers, programming, backing vocals (2004–2008)
- Judah Leary — rhythm guitar, backing vocals (2006–2007)
- Marcus Tallitsch — lead vocals (2004)
- Jonathan "Duck" Leary — keyboards, synthesizers, programming, percussion, backing vocals (2008–2009)
- Be Mine, Valentine (Rise, 2006)
- Taylor, Daniel (20 August 2009). "The Hot N’ Heavy". News & Review. Chico Community Publishing, Inc. Retrieved 29 May 2012.