Dropped A tuning
Dropped A tuning is an alternate tuning for a 7 string guitar where the lowest string is tuned down ("dropped") from the standard B by one whole step to A as follows A1-E2-A2-D3-G3-B3-E4. Also, for a 6 string guitar, dropped A tuning is achieved by tuning all strings down a 4th with the lowest string tuned 1 additional step down as follows A1-E2-A2-D3-F#3-B3. This is a "drop 1" tuning in the key of B (i.e. tune the whole guitar down a perfect fourth from standard tuning, then tune the 6th string a whole step down). As a result, it uses the same fingering as drop D tuning and drop C tuning.
An alternate dropped A tuning utilizes a guitar tuned to E Standard with the 6th string dropped to a low A, resulting in AADGBE with the 6th and 5th strings an octave apart.
Another variation of this tuning is AEADGB, which imitates a 7 on a six-string, excluding the high E.
Another dropped A tuning is AGCFAD ("drop perfect fourth in the key of the D", i.e. whole guitar is tuned down one step, then the lowest string is dropped to A).
AEADGBE / AEADF#B
- Bloodbath (on the song "Eaten")
- Chelsea Grin
- Coheed and Cambria (on the song "Gravity's Union")
- Conquering Dystopia
- C.J. Pierce of Drowning Pool (on the song "Turn So Cold")
- Fei Comodo
- Zoltan Bathory and Jason Hook of Five Finger Death Punch (on the songs "Remember Everything" and "Dot Your Eyes")
- Peter Tagtgren of Hypocrisy
- Ill Niño (on its Dead New World album)
- Impending Doom
- Ty Tabor of King's X
- Buzz Osborne of The Melvins
- Mother Corona
- Muse (on the songs "Citizen Erased", "Liquid State" and "Supremacy".)
- Like Moths To Flames
- Suicide Silence
- Thy Art Is Murder
- Whitechapel (band)
- Neurosis (the album Through Silver in Blood and on)
- Filter (on "Welcome to the Fold")
- Foo Fighters (on "Stacked Actors")
- Weasel Walter of Lake of Dracula
- Muse (on "Citizen Erased", "Liquid State", "The 2nd Law: Unsustainable" and "Supremacy")
- Dez and Jo of The Safety Fire
- Them Crooked Vultures (on "No One Loves Me & Neither Do I", "Warsaw or the First Breath You Take After You Give Up" and "Caligulove")
- Radiohead (on "Bangers + Mash")
- Helmet (on "Biscuits for Smut")
- Coal Chamber (on some songs)
- Mike Mushok of Staind (usually tuned 1/2 down, but uses standard drop A on songs such as "King of All Excuses")
- "Ty Tabor of Kings X – Guitar Rig and Gear Setup – 2008". GuitarGeek. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- "RIGGED: THE SAFETY FIRE GUITARIST DERYA "DEZ" NAGLE".
|This article relating to guitars is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|