Drowned World Tour 2001
|Drowned World Tour 2001|
|Video by Madonna|
|Released||November 13, 2001|
|Recorded||August 26, 2001|
|Genre||Pop, dance, electronic|
|Madonna video chronology|
Drowned World Tour 2001 is live music video title by singer Madonna. It was released by Warner Music Vision, Warner Reprise Video and Maverick Records on November 13, 2001 and was released to accompany the second greatest hits album GHV2. It contained a live date from the Drowned World Tour recorded at The Palace of Auburn Hills in Auburn Hills, Michigan on August 26, 2001. It was originally broadcast live on American network HBO as Madonna Live! Drowned World Tour 2001. The DVD was certified platinum in Brazil by the Associação Brasileira dos Produtores de Discos (ABPD) for shipment of 50,000 copies.
The concert was released on VHS and DVD, and the photographs used on the packaging were taken by Madonna's friend Rosie O'Donnell. The special features on the DVD include a photo gallery with some exclusive shots. The video has sold 144,000 copies in United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan. It has been certified platinum in Australia.
- "Drowned World/Substitute for Love"
- "Impressive Instant"
- "Candy Perfume Girl"
- "Beautiful Stranger"
- "Ray of Light"
- "Paradise (Not for Me)" (Video/Dancers Interlude)
- "Open Your Heart" (Instrumental Chords Interlude)
- "Nobody's Perfect"
- "Mer Girl"
- "Sky Fits Heaven"
- "Mer Girl" (Reprise)
- "What It Feels Like for a Girl" (Remix) (Video/Dancers Interlude) 1
- "I Deserve It"
- "Don't Tell Me"
- "Human Nature"
- "The Funny Song"
- "Don't Cry for Me Argentina" (Instrumental) (Dancers Interlude)
- "Lo Que Siente La Mujer" (What It Feels Like for a Girl)
- "La Isla Bonita"
1 This track is not listed on some of the DVD or VHS credits or packaging even though it is shown. The DVD version is different to the HBO broadcast, it is a Manga compilation video interlude, whilst the HBO version depicted dancers in front of a huge screen showing the video.
A live performance of "Holiday" was released as a music video by Warner Bros. Records to promote the DVD. The video is a montage of clips from the DVD are from the second Detroit concert (August 26), but the audio is from the previous night's performance.
Rated R for some strong sexual images and brief language.
- Director: Hamish Hamilton
- Producer: Marty Callner
- Producer: Randall Gladstein
- Stage production directed by Jamie King
- Costumes: Jean-Paul Gaultier, Dean and Dan Caten of D-Squared, Dolce and Gabbana, Donatella Versace, Catherine Malandrino
- Choreographer: Alex Magno
- Video director: Dago Gonzalez
- Musical direction, keyboards, bass-guitar: Stuart Price
- Keyboards: Marcus Brown
- Guitar: Monte Pittman
- Percussion: Ron Powell
- Drums: Steve Sidelnyk
- Head dancer: Christian Vincent
- Vocals/Backup singer: Niki Haris, Donna De Lory
- Dancers: Ruthy Inchaustegui, Nito Larioza, Tamara Levinson, Anthony Jay Rodriguez, Jamal Story, Kemba Shannon, Eko Supriyanto, Jull Weber, Addie Yungmee.
- Production company: Cream Cheese Films/Tadpole Films Inc.
- "Certificados — Madonna" (in Portuguese). Associação Brasileira dos Produtores de Discos. Retrieved 2010-11-18.
- Grein, Paul (2010-09-02). "Week Ending Aug. 29, 2010: Life's Ups & Downs". Yahoo!. Retrieved 2010-09-02.
- "Madonna's 'Drowned' Comes To Home Video". Login.vnuemedia.com. 2001-10-12. Retrieved 2012-02-14.
- "ARIA Charts - Accreditations - 2004 DVD". Aria.com.au. Retrieved 2012-02-14.