Drumsound & Bassline Smith
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011)|
|Drumsound & Bassline Smith|
|Genres||Electronica, drum and bass, dubstep|
|Labels||Technique Recordings, Worldwide Audio Recordings, New State Music|
|Associated acts||Crissy Criss, Youngman MC, Phetsta, Dub Foundation, Tantrum Desire, Technicolour, Utah Saints|
Drumsound & Bassline Smith are a British electronic production group from Derby, consisting of Andrew Wright and Benjamin Wiggett (the duo known as Drumsound) along with Simon 'Bassline' Smith. Their record label is Technique Recordings, which celebrated its tenth anniversary in 2009. They met at one of Derby's club nights in the summer of 1998.
In 2004, their "Odyssey" banger was judged Mixmag's tenth best all-round dance anthem of the year, and hit No. 1 on the UK Dance Chart. They have released tracks on a string of some of the most respected imprints in drum and bass, including on Ltj bukem's Good Looking Records, Bryan G's V Records and Grooverider's Prototype Records.
Also, in 2004, Drumsound & Bassline Smith released their first studio album, Nature of the Beast, featuring "Crossfire (Danger)", "Planet Mars", "The End" and "Tinman", on Technique Recordings.
They enjoy regular plays on BBC Radio 1 and BBC Radio 1Xtra from Fabio and Grooverider, MistaJam, Annie Nightingale and Annie Mac. The trio are one of the few complete multiple mixes for BBC Radio One.
The 10 Years of Technique album included the "Can You Feel It", "Clap Your Hands" and "Law of the Jungle", and reached No. 1 on the BBC Radio 1 and 1Xtra charts at the end of November 2009. 2009 remixes included VV Browns "Leave"' at the request of Universal's Island Records and Fugative's – Supafly for Ministry of sound.
In 2010, Drumsound & Bassline Smith remixed work by Blame feat Ruff Squad, and mixed "Until You Were Gone" by Chipmunk featuring Esmée Denters. The group have also completed a remix of Afrojack featuring Eva Simons' "Take Over Control" on Data Records, and produced tracks on the Dansette Junior album on Columbia Records.
In April 2011 Drumsound & Bassline Smith released a 12" of "Freak" on the Newstate label. "Freak" gained positive reviews and made BBC Radio 1's daytime playlist. Soon afterwards they remixed DJ Fresh's "Louder" which was released on 3 July 2011. The song features vocals from Welsh singer Sian Evans from the band Kosheen and hit the Number 1 spot in the UK Singles Chart. Other remixes include Moby's "After" & Youngman MC's "Who Knows".
In 2012, Drumsound & Bassline Smith collaborated with Utah Saints on their classic track "What Can You Do for Me" which made the BBC Radio 1 daytime playlist & hit the Number 28 spot in the UK Singles Chart on 4 March.
Also in March 2012, Drumsound & Bassline Smith won the 'Best Track' & 'Best Video' award with "Close" at the Official Drum & Bass Awards
Drumsound & Bassline Smith has released their second studio album Wall of Sound in 14 July 2013. The album contains many of their unreleased work and features the singles "Through the Night", "Daylight", "One in a Million", "What Can You Do for Me", "Close" and a VIP mix of "Freak".
|Year||Title||Peak chart positions||Album|
|2003||"Junglist"||67||–||—||Nature of the Beast|
|2004||"Odyssey / Body Moving"||66||–||—|
|2011||"Close"||49||–||—||Wall of Sound|
|2012||"What Can You Do for Me"
(Utah Saints vs. Drumsound & Bassline Smith)
|"Through the Night"
(featuring Tom Cane)
|2013||"One in a Million"
(featuring Sam Frank)
|"—" denotes single that did not chart or was not released.|
- A Pole Dancer Called Eternity
- Ant's Nest
- Beeswax (TeeBee Remix)
- Belly Dancer
- Big Tings
- Big Tings (DJ Hype Special Mix)(featuring MC Skibadee)
- Big Tings (DJ Hype Special Mix)
- Body Movin'
- Body Pump
- Booty Call
- Booty Call (Phetsta Remix)
- Breakdown (2009 Re-Lick)
- Breakdown (Twisted Individual Remix)
- Bust It Up
- Can You Feel It
- Cape Fear
- Cape Fear (Tantrum Desire Remix)
- Clap Ya Hands
- Clap Ya Hands (Dubstep Remix)
- Close (Dub Mix)
- Close (Jacob Plant Remix)
- Close (Mensah Remix)
- Cold Turkey
- Crossfire (Danger)
- Crossfire (Danger) (DJ Friction & K.Tee Remix)
- Dirty Dancing
- Disco Biscuit
- Distortion (Aquasky Remix)
- Dragonfly (Loxy Remix)
- Drain Pipe
- Eight Ball
- Ever Changin'
- Feel The Sunset
- Fire (Burning)
- Freestyle Mambo
- Freak (Dubstep Remix)
- Freak (Crissy Criss Drumstep Remix)
- Future Tech
- Future Tech (Future Tech Remix)
- Fu Manchu
- Fu Manchu (140 Dubstep Mix)
- Get Through
- Get Through (Distorted Minds Remix)
- Get You Together
- Give It To You
- Good Times Roll
- Heavy FC
- Hypnosis (A-Sides Exclusive Mix)
- Hypnosis (Aphrodite Remix)
- Hypnotic Regression
- I Need Your Love
- If You Need Someone
- In & Out
- In The Silence
- It Came From Mars
- Judgement Day
- Jungle Fever
- Junglist (Twisted Individual Remix)
- Killa DJ
- King of Kings
- Lose Control
- Wall of Sound [New State Music] :: Beatport
- iTunes – Music – Wall of Sound by Drumsound & Bassline Smith
- Peak positions in the United Kingdom:
- Drumsound And Simon Bassline Smith: "The Official Charts Company – Drumsound & Bassline Smith". The Official Charts Company. 5 May 2013.
- Drumsound & Bassline Smith: "The Official Charts Company – Drumsound & Bassline Smith". The Official Charts Company. 5 May 2013.
- For "What Can You Do for Me": "Chart Archive > 10 March 2012 >". Official Charts Company.
- Peak positions for singles on the UK Dance Chart:
- Peak positions for singles on the Scottish Singles Chart: