|Directed by||Jeremy Konner|
|Presented by||Derek Waters|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||8 (List of episodes)|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Gary Sanchez Productions
Funny or Die
|Original channel||Comedy Central|
|Picture format||16:9 HDTV|
|Original run||July 9, 2013– present|
Drunk History is an American television comedy series produced by Comedy Central, based on the Funny or Die web series created by Derek Waters and Jeremy Konner in 2007. In each episode, an inebriated narrator struggles to recount an event from American history, while actors enact the narrator's anecdote, lip syncing any dialog.
In addition to creator Derek Waters and celebrity guest stars, the show's additional characters are played by regulars Bennie Arthur, Sarah Burns, Maria Blasucci, Craig Cackowski, Michael Cassady, Tymberlee Hill, Adam Nee, and Jeremy J. Tutson.
|Season||Episodes||Originally aired||DVD release date|
|Season premiere||Season finale||Region 1||Region 2||Region 4|
|1||8||July 9, 2013||August 27, 2013||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|2||10||June 24, 2014||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Season 1 (2013)
Season 2 (2014)
The series was renewed for a 10-episode second season, which will premiere on June 24, 2014. Featured cities in season two include Baltimore, Charleston, Hollywood, Honolulu, Montgomery, New York City, and Philadelphia.
Seven episodes will be defined by the cities Waters visited (like the first season), while the other three episodes will be structured around themes. One of the themed episodes will explore "American music."
- Drunk History The AV Club.
- "It's official y'all. Drunk History Season 2 will premiere Tuesday June 24th at 10pm on @ComedyCentral 10 new episodes coming your way!". Comedy Central. February 27, 2014. Retrieved March 9, 2014.
- Zurawik, David (January 10, 2014). "'I want to make Baltimore proud,' Comedy Central's Derek Waters says". The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved January 16, 2014.
- Tuesday's Cable Ratings: "Catfish" Reclaims Demo Crown, "Rizzoli & Isles" Tops Viewers
- Tuesday's Cable Ratings: "Catfish" Tops Demos, "Rizzoli & Isles" Leads Viewers
- Tuesday's Cable Ratings: TNT Dramas Top Viewers, "Deadliest Catch" Leads Demos
- Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Counting Cars' Wins Night + 'The Game', 'Deadliest Catch', 'Pretty Little Liars', 'Catfish', 'Rizzoli & Isles' & More
- Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Shark Week' Wins Night, 'The Game', 'Rizzoli & Isles', 'Pretty Little Liars', 'Suits', 'Catfish' & More
- Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Rizzoli & Isles' & 'Amish Mafia' Win Night, 'Pretty Little Liars', 'The Game', 'Dance Moms', 'Covert Affairs' & More
- Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Rizzoli & Isles', 'Catfish', 'The Game', & 'Amish Mafia' Tie for Top Spot + 'The Legend of Shelby the Swamp Man', 'Suits' & More
- Tuesday Cable Ratings: 'Pretty Little Liars' & 'Rizzoli & Isles' Tie for Top Spot + 'The Game', 'Amish Mafia', 'The Legend of Shelby the Swamp Man', 'Suits' & More
- Nugent, Allison (December 27, 2013). "Drunk History is coming to Charleston". The Post and Courier. Retrieved January 16, 2014.
- "MEMBERS-ONLY: Drunk History presents The Toons of Ub Iwerks". Cinefamily. January 29, 2014. Retrieved February 25, 2014.
- Waters, Derek (January 24, 2014). "FILMING ALERT: Tonight, 9pm at Arnold's Tiki Bar in Honolulu. Fly in for the filming, stay for the Hawaii! Aloha!". Twitter. Retrieved January 27, 2014.
- Sutton, Amber (January 14, 2014). "Comedy Central's 'Drunk History' set to film in Montgomery on Saturday". Alabama Media Group. Retrieved January 16, 2014.
- Konner, Jeremy (January 5, 2014). Twitter https://twitter.com/Jeremykonner/status/419940101226262530. Retrieved January 16, 2014. Missing or empty
- Klein, Michael (January 11, 2014). "Comedy Central's 'Drunk History' shooting at McGillin's". The Philadelphia Inquirer. Retrieved January 16, 2014.