||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (December 2012)|
|Developer(s)||Open-source community, led by Commerce Guys|
|Stable release||1.9 / March 6, 2014|
|Type||Webshop, Shopping cart|
|License||GNU General Public License|
Drupal Commerce is open-source eCommerce software that augments the content management system Drupal. Within the context of a Drupal-based site, Drupal Commerce presents products for purchase; walks customers through the checkout process; keeps track of invoices, receipts, orders, and payments; facilitates shipping and payment; and performs other functions needed by online merchants.
Drupal Commerce was created by Commerce Guys under the leadership of Ryan Szrama, the author of shopping-cart software Übercart. It was originally born as a rearchitecture project of Übercart, and was called "Übercore" until January 14, 2010, when Mr. Szrama renamed it "Drupal Commerce". Version 1.0 was released on August 23, 2011.
Drupal Commerce has had steady growth since its introduction. Over 53,000 active sites use it, including U.K. postal service Royal Mail, international language school Eurocentres, McDonalds (France), and hundreds of consumer brands. The Drupal Commerce market has also supported publication of several instructional books and video courses.
Extending Drupal Commerce
Like Drupal itself, Drupal Commerce can be extended through the use of modules that add functionality and themes that define visual presentation. There are more than 300 Drupal Commerce-specific modules available for free in such categories as payment gateways, shipping service providers, and administrative and development tools.
- "commerce 7.x-1.9". Drupal. Retrieved 6 March 2014.
- Drupal Commerce
- Commerce Guys
- "Usage statistics for Drupal Commerce". Drupal.org. Retrieved 30 January 2015.
- "Drupal Commerce Showcase". Drupal Commerce. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- "Case Studies". Commerce Guys. Commerce Guys. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- Jones, Richard (September 2013). Getting Started with Drupal Commerce. Packt Publishing. p. 152. ISBN 9781783280230. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- Carter, Richard (June 2013). Building E-commerce Sites with Drupal Commerce Cookbook. Packt Publishing. p. 206. ISBN 9781782161226. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- Geller, Tom (November 17, 2011). Create Your First Online Store with Drupal Commerce. lynda.com. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- "Simple Steps For Designing & Developing Drupal 7 Theme". psdtodrupaldeveloper.com.
- Free Extensions page, Drupal Commerce website drupalcommerce.org/contrib. Retrieved July 30, 2012.