|Key people||David Thede, President|
dtSearch Corp. is a software company which specializes in text retrieval software. It was founded in 1991, and is headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland. Its current range of software includes products for enterprise desktop search, Intranet/Internet spidering and search, and search engines for developers (SDK) to integrate into other software applications.
dtSearch Corp was founded by David Thede   the company started research and development in text retrieval in 1988 and incorporated in Virginia in 1991 as D T Software. Marketing of dtSearch 1.0 a DOS Text Retrieval software product began in the first quarter of 1991. Initially it was distributed as Association of Shareware Professionals-approved shareware. The product was featured in an article entitled "Text Retrieval Software" in an early edition of PC Magazine as a shareware alternative to the commercial products reviewed; these included ISYS, ZyIndex, Strix, AskSAM, ideaList, Assassin PC, Folio Views and Lotus SmartText.
In the first few years after its initial release, dtSearch was an end-user application only. Then, in 1994, Symantec approached dtSearch about including its search technology into one of the first applications for 32-bit Windows; the dtSearch end-user application was developed into a Dynamic-link library (DLL) which Symantec embedded in Norton Navigator, which was released alongside Microsoft’s initial release of its 32-bit Windows operating system, Windows 95.
- dtSearch Desktop with Spider - Windows client Desktop search software (32 and 64 bit indexers)
- dtSearch Network with Spider - as dtSearch Desktop but licensed for Network use (32 and 64 bit indexers)
- dtSearch Web with Spider - browser based search-only client for Intranet/Internet usage based on Microsoft IIS (32 and 64 bit indexers)
- dtSearch Engine with Spider - SDK with C++, .NET, COM, Java, Delphi APIs (32-bit and 64-bit versions)
- dtSearch Engine for Linux - SDK with C++ and Java APIs
- dtSearch Publish  - a search front-end for CD\DVD publishing (32 and 64 bit indexers)
- Lets talk computers - Interview May 31, 2003
- Method and system for indexing and searching contents of extensible mark-up language(XML) documents US 6782380 B1
- Method for rapidly searching elements or attributes or for rapidly filtering fragments in binary representations of structured, for example, XML-based documents US 7464098 B2
- "Text Retrieval Software". (July 1992). PC Magazine (UK ed)
- dtSearch Performs Incredible Feats. Processor Mag. March 21, 2008
- EContent 100 list
- dtSearch Publish for EDD Production Law Technology News July 29, 2010
- Company Website
- Product description on SearchTools.com
- The index is mightier than the sword - Windows IT Pro. August 27, 2008
- Desktop search gets down to business - InfoWorld. September 01, 2005
- Integrating Query of Relational and Textual Data in Clinical Databases - J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2003 Jan–Feb
- Informatics in Radiology. Render: An Online Searchable Radiology Study Repository - RadioGraphics 2009; 29:1233–1246
- Use Of Intelligent Computer Search for the Patterns of Abnormal Lymphatic Uptake by F-18 FDG PET in Primary Lung Cancers - J Med Sci 2006;26(6):199-204