|Anadolu Efes Istanbul|
|League||Turkish Basketball League
October 29, 1943 |
|Pro playing career||1958–1968|
|Career highlights and awards|
As head coach:
Dušan "Duda" Ivković (Serbian Cyrillic: Душан Ивковић "Дуда"; born October 29, 1943) is a Serbian professional basketball coach who currently serves as a head coach for Anadolu Efes of the Turkish Basketball League. He served as a head coach of the Serbian national basketball team from 2008 to 2013. He is also a former professional basketball player and current president of the Serbian club BKK Radnički. In 2008, he was named one of the 50 Greatest Euroleague Contributors.
- 1 Playing career
- 2 Coaching career
- 3 Personal life
- 4 Head coaching career with Yugoslav and Serbian national teams
- 5 Championships and medals
- 6 Notes
- 7 External links
In 1997, he was named the best European professional basketball coach, after having coached several clubs to domestic championships and to the Euroleague Final Four.
Dušan Ivković's elder brother Slobodan "Piva" Ivković, was also a famous basketball player and coach. Ivković is related to the famous Serbian scientist Nikola Tesla. Ivković's maternal grandmother, Olga Mandić, and Tesla's mother, Đuka Mandić, were first cousins. Coincidentally, Tesla died the same year that Ivković was born.
Ivković is a record holding pigeon racer.
Head coaching career with Yugoslav and Serbian national teams
Championships and medals
- Greek League (1): 1991-92
- Eurocup (1): 2005–06
National team competitions
As a head coach
- 1988 Summer Olympic Games: Silver
- EuroBasket 1989: Gold
- 1990 FIBA World Championship: Gold
- EuroBasket 1991: Gold
- EuroBasket 1995: Gold
- EuroBasket 2009: Silver
As an assistant coach
- 1986 FIBA World Championship: Bronze
- EuroBasket 1987: Bronze
- 1996 Summer Olympic Games: Silver
- EuroBasket 1997: Gold
- 1998 FIBA World Championship: Gold
- "Dušan Ivković definitivno u Efesu". B92.net. Retrieved 30 May 2014.(Serbian)
- Euroleague - The excitement starts here.
- B92.rs - Dušan Ivković - Svugde nosim svoj krst (Serbian).
- Legenda dana - Dušan Ivković; Blic, 4 September 2010,
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dušan Ivković.|
|FIBA World Championship