Savanović with the Anadolu Efes
|No. 20 – Anadolu Efes Istanbul|
|League||Turkish Basketball League
September 5, 1983 |
Zagreb, SR Croatia, SFR Yugoslavia
|Listed height||6 ft 8.25 in (204 cm)|
|Listed weight||225 lb (102 kg)|
|Pro playing career||2003–present|
|Career highlights and awards|
Duško Savanović (Serbian Cyrillic: Душко Савановић, born September 5, 1983) is a Serbian professional basketball player who currently plays for Anadolu Efes Istanbul of the Turkish Basketball League. He is 2.04 m (6 ft 8.25 in) tall and 102 kg (225 lbs) weight and plays at the power forward position.
In his first three years of the professional career, Savanović played for domestic clubs, two seasons with the FMP and one season with the Borac Čačak, both participants of the YUBA League. He helped FMP to win the Adriatic League title in 2006, second in club's history.
In October 2006, after almost ten years of playing with the FMP (including youth career), he signed two-year contract with the Russian basketball team UNICS Kazan. UNICS also participated in the ULEB Cup. In his second season in the club, he played 15 games in ULEB Cup and averaged 11.2 points and 3.9 rebounds per game helping his team to reach the Final Eight, while in the Russian League he averaged 11 points and 4.7 rebounds over 22 games.
On 27 June 2008, Savanović signed with the Spanish basketball team Cajasol. In 2008-09 season, he averaged 14.7 points on 41% three-point shooting and 4.8 rebounds in 36 games in the ACB League. He led Cajasol to its best season in decade, reaching the Spanish King's Cup final eight and the ACB League playoffs for the first time since 2000.
After two seasons of playing for Cajasol, on 14 June 2010, Savanović signed with another Spanish team Valencia Power Electronics. Power Electronics was Savanović's first Euroleague club. In his first season in the Euroleague he averaged 11.9 points and 4.6 rebounds in 21 games at the European elite competition. He was named All-Euroleague Second Team at the end of the season.
On 20 June 2011, after one season with the Valencia, Savanović signed three-year contract with Turkish team Anadolu Efes. In 16 games (8 as starter) in the Euroleague, he averaged 10 points and 5.6 rebounds per game, while in the regular season of the Turkish Basketball League he averaged 12.6 points and 5.4 rebounds per game.
Serbian national team
Savanović has been a member of the Serbian national team at the 2010 FIBA World Championship where Serbia was defeated 99-88 by Lithuania in the game for the bronze medal. He was capped for the national team of Serbia at the EuroBasket 2011 in Lithuania where Serbia finished 8th. He averaged 13.4 points and 3.6 rebounds per game.
Euroleague career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
- "Belgrade basketball team FMP wins Adriatic League". Retrieved May 17, 2012.
- "Savanović potpisao za Uniks". mondo.rs (in Serbian). October 23, 2006. Retrieved April 4, 2014.
- "Dusko Savanovic Basketball Player Profile". eurobasket.com. Retrieved May 17, 2012.
- "Cajasol lands Dusko Savanovic". Euroleague Basketball. Retrieved May 17, 2012.
- "Valencia lands Dusko Savanovic". sportando.net. Retrieved May 17, 2012.
- "SAVANOVIC, DUSKO". Euroleague. Retrieved May 17, 2012.
- "MVP Diamantidis heads 2010-11 All-Euroleague First Team". Euroleague.net. May 7, 2011. Retrieved April 4, 2014.
- "EFES PILSEN adds All-Euroleague Savanovic". Euroleague. Retrieved May 17, 2012.
- "Dusko Savanovic". tblstat.net. Retrieved May 17, 2012.
- "Dusko Savanovic". FIBA Europe. Retrieved May 17, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Duško Savanović.|
- Duško Savanović at abaliga.com
- Duško Savanović at acb.com
- Duško Savanović at euroleague.net
- Duško Savanović at tblstat.net