|Starring||Cody Lundin (season 1-3)
Dave Canterbury (season 1-2) Joseph Teti (season 3)
|Narrated by||Paul Christie|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||34 (List of episodes)|
|Running time||45 minutes|
|Original channel||Discovery Channel|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Original run||June 11, 2010– present|
For the first two seasons the show featured the differing outdoor survival philosophies and skills of Cody Lundin, a naturalist and primitive-skills expert who runs the Aboriginal Living Skills School in Arizona and Dave Canterbury, a military-trained survival instructor who runs the Pathfinder Training School in Ohio. Beginning with the third season, Canterbury was replaced with Joseph "Joe" Teti.
Dual Survival's first and second seasons originally aired in 2010 and 2011, respectively. A third season began production in 2012., and began airing on January 1, 2013. The show was renewed for a fourth season.
In Dual Survival's first two seasons, each episode features Lundin and Canterbury in a different survival situations: marooned on a deserted island, lost in a forbidding jungle, or stranded in an arid desert. They have to survive for a number of days with minimal gear. Along the way, Lundin and Canterbury demonstrate various survival skills such as using primitive methods to make fire and obtaining potable water.
Conflict often arises due to the differences between Lundin and Canterbury's individual survival philosophies and methods. Lundin, who does not wear shoes or long pants, sometimes slows down the duo when navigating through particularly tough terrain.
Series overview 
|Season||Episodes||First airdate||Last airdate|
|Season 1||10||June 11, 2010||August 20, 2010|
|Season 2||12||April 22, 2011||July 1, 2011|
|Season 3||12||January 1, 2013||March 12, 2013|
- Dawn, Randee (June 11, 2010). "Odd couple battle elements in "Dual Survival"". Reuters. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- Strauss, Gary (August 27, 2010). "Survival shows are now the fittingest on television". USA Today. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- "Dual Survival Season 2 is Renewed". Pop Tower. September 20, 2010. Retrieved 2011-01-03.
- "Dual Survival Episode Guide". Discovery Channel. Retrieved 2011-01-03.
- Brzoznowski, Kristin (April 6, 2012). "Discovery Reveals Upfront Slate". World Screen. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- "Cody Lundin will be partnered with Joseph Teti when Dual Survival returns in January". HULIQ. November 30, 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-01.
- Andreeva, Nellie (2013-04-04). "Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet & ID Unveil Programming Slates". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2013-05-02.
- "Episodes : Dual Survival : Discovery Channel". Discovery Channel. Retrieved 2011-06-15.
- "Bios : Dual Survivor : Discovery Channel". Discovery Channel. Retrieved 2011-06-15.
- McKay, Hollie (November 30, 2012). "EXCLUSIVE: 'Dual Survival' names Joseph Teti its new military survival pro". Fox News. Retrieved 2012-12-01.
- "Former Green Beret and counterterrorism expert Joseph Teti joins survivalist Cody Lundin on 'Dual Survival'". NY Daily News. 2013-01-01. Retrieved 2013-01-15.