|Starring||Dave Canterbury (season 1-2)
Cody Lundin (season 1-4)
Joseph Teti (season 3-present)
Matt Graham (season 4-present)
|Narrated by||Paul Christie|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||4|
|No. of episodes||43 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Charlie Corwin
|Running time||45 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Original Media|
|Original channel||Discovery Channel|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Original run||June 11, 2010– present|
For the first two seasons the show featured the differing outdoor survival philosophies and skills of Cody Lundin, a naturalist and primitive-skills expert who runs the Aboriginal Living Skills School in Arizona and Dave Canterbury, a military-trained survival instructor who runs the Pathfinder Training School in Ohio. Beginning with the third season, Canterbury was replaced with Joseph "Joe" Teti and in season 4 Matt Graham replaced Lundin.
Dual Survival's first and second seasons originally aired in 2010 and 2011, respectively. A third season began production in 2012, and began airing on January 1, 2013. The show was renewed for a fourth season with a scheduled debut on April 23, 2014.
In Dual Survival's first two seasons, each episode features Lundin and Canterbury in a different survival situation: marooned on a deserted island, lost in a forbidding jungle, or stranded in an arid desert. They have to survive for a number of days with minimal gear. Along the way, Lundin and Canterbury demonstrate various survival skills such as using primitive methods to make fire and obtaining potable water.
In season 3, Joe Teti replaced Canterbury. Teti is a former Force Recon Marine and retired Army Special Forces. While in the Special Forces Teti served under Mykel Hawke who also went on to star in his own Discovery Channel survival show called Man, Woman, Wild.
In February 2014, prior to the start of season 4 Cody Lundin announced via Facebook that he was fired by Discovery Channel due to what he alleges were "differences over safety and health concerns". Early in season 4 Matt Graham replaced Cody Lundin as Teti's partner. Graham was previously on another Discovery Channel survival show called Dude, You’re Screwed.
|Season||Episodes||Cast||Originally aired||DVD release dates|
|Season premiere||Season finale||Network||Region 1|
|1||10||Cody Lundin||Dave Canterbury||June 11, 2010||August 20, 2010||Discovery Channel||August 23, 2011|
|2||12||Cody Lundin||Dave Canterbury||April 22, 2011||July 1, 2011||August 13, 2013|
|3||11||Cody Lundin||Joseph Teti||January 1, 2013||March 12, 2013||N/A|
|Joseph Teti||April 23, 2014||June 25, 2014||N/A|
- Dawn, Randee (June 11, 2010). "Odd couple battle elements in "Dual Survival"". Reuters. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- Strauss, Gary (August 27, 2010). "Survival shows are now the fittingest on television". USA Today. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- "Dual Survival Season 2 is Renewed". Pop Tower. September 20, 2010. Retrieved 2011-01-03.
- "Dual Survival Episode Guide". Discovery Channel. Retrieved 2011-01-03.
- Brzoznowski, Kristin (April 6, 2012). "Discovery Reveals Upfront Slate". World Screen. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- "Cody Lundin will be partnered with Joseph Teti when Dual Survival returns in January". HULIQ. November 30, 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-01.
- Lundin, Cody (1 May 2013). "Cody Lundin Press Release – Dual Survival Season Four!!". codylundin.com. Retrieved 5 March 2014.
- "Episodes : Dual Survival : Discovery Channel". Discovery Channel. Retrieved 2011-06-15.
- "Bios : Dual Survivor : Discovery Channel". Discovery Channel. Retrieved 2011-06-15.
- McKay, Hollie (November 30, 2012). "EXCLUSIVE: 'Dual Survival' names Joseph Teti its new military survival pro". Fox News. Retrieved 2012-12-01.
- "Former Green Beret and counterterrorism expert Joseph Teti joins survivalist Cody Lundin on 'Dual Survival'". NY Daily News. 2013-01-01. Retrieved 2013-01-15.
- Jon R. Anderson (Apr 29, 2014). "Discovery Channel reality show star trades fire over combat experience". Retrieved May 3, 2014.