|Starring||Cody Lundin (season 1-4)
Joseph Teti (season 3-present)
Matt Graham (season 4-present)
Dave Canterbury (season 1-2)
|Narrated by||Paul Christie|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||34 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Charlie Corwin
|Running time||45 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Original Media|
|Original channel||Discovery Channel|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Original run||June 11, 2010– present|
For the first two seasons the show featured the differing outdoor survival philosophies and skills of Cody Lundin, a naturalist and primitive-skills expert who runs the Aboriginal Living Skills School in Arizona and Dave Canterbury, a military-trained survival instructor who runs the Pathfinder Training School in Ohio. Beginning with the third season, Canterbury was replaced with Joseph "Joe" Teti.
Dual Survival's first and second seasons originally aired in 2010 and 2011, respectively. A third season began production in 2012, and began airing on January 1, 2013. The show was renewed for a fourth season with a scheduled debut on April 23, 2014. It was announced on April 6 2014 that discovery channel added 5 more episodes to the fourth season bringing the episode total to 25 episodes.
In Dual Survival's first two seasons, each episode features Lundin and Canterbury in a different survival situation: marooned on a deserted island, lost in a forbidding jungle, or stranded in an arid desert. They have to survive for a number of days with minimal gear. Along the way, Lundin and Canterbury demonstrate various survival skills such as using primitive methods to make fire and obtaining potable water.
Conflict often arose from differences between Lundin and Canterbury's individual survival philosophies and methods. Lundin, who does not wear shoes or long pants, sometimes slowed down the duo when navigating through particularly tough terrain.
|Season||Episodes||Cast||Originally aired||DVD release dates|
|Season premiere||Season finale||Network||Region 1|
|1||10||Cody Lundin||Dave Canterbury||June 11, 2010||August 20, 2010||Discovery Channel||August 23, 2011|
|2||12||Cody Lundin||Dave Canterbury||April 22, 2011||July 1, 2011||August 13, 2013|
|3||11||Cody Lundin||Joseph Teti||January 1, 2013||March 12, 2013||N/A|
|Joseph Teti||April 23, 2014||N/A|
- Survivorman, a similar series hosted by Les Stroud
- Surviving Urban Disasters, another series hosted by Stroud.
- Beyond Survival, another series hosted by Stroud that looks at the survival techniques of the last indigenous tribes.
- Man vs. Wild, a similarly themed Discovery Channel series hosted by Bear Grylls.
- Man, Woman, Wild, an American survival-themed series showing Mykel Hawke and his wife Ruth England surviving in the wild.
- Dawn, Randee (June 11, 2010). "Odd couple battle elements in "Dual Survival"". Reuters. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- Strauss, Gary (August 27, 2010). "Survival shows are now the fittingest on television". USA Today. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- "Dual Survival Season 2 is Renewed". Pop Tower. September 20, 2010. Retrieved 2011-01-03.
- "Dual Survival Episode Guide". Discovery Channel. Retrieved 2011-01-03.
- Brzoznowski, Kristin (April 6, 2012). "Discovery Reveals Upfront Slate". World Screen. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- "Cody Lundin will be partnered with Joseph Teti when Dual Survival returns in January". HULIQ. November 30, 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-01.
- Lundin, Cody (1 May 2013). "Cody Lundin Press Release – Dual Survival Season Four!!". codylundin.com. Retrieved 5 March 2014.
- "Episodes : Dual Survival : Discovery Channel". Discovery Channel. Retrieved 2011-06-15.
- "Bios : Dual Survivor : Discovery Channel". Discovery Channel. Retrieved 2011-06-15.
- McKay, Hollie (November 30, 2012). "EXCLUSIVE: 'Dual Survival' names Joseph Teti its new military survival pro". Fox News. Retrieved 2012-12-01.
- "Former Green Beret and counterterrorism expert Joseph Teti joins survivalist Cody Lundin on 'Dual Survival'". NY Daily News. 2013-01-01. Retrieved 2013-01-15.