|Full name||Duane Darrin Mann|
|Born||28 June 1965|
|Height||178 cm (5 ft 10 in)|
Duane is part of the Mann family that has a large presence in rugby league with his father Don Mann representing New Zealand, his cousin Esau playing for Tonga and his brother Don Jr. the current Football Manager of the New Zealand Warriors.
Mann attended Kelston Boys High School and played for the Glenora Bears from schoolboys right up to premier grade. He made his debut for Auckland in 1987 and played in the 30-14 win over Great Britain in 1988.
In 1989 Mann signed for the Warrington Wolves in the English Premiership. While at Warrington, he played in the 1990 Challenge Cup Final against the Wigan Warriors. Mann played for three seasons in England before being signed by the Auckland Warriors who were to enter the Australian Rugby League competition in 1995. Returning home, he played a season for the North Harbour Sea Eagles who he captained to win the 1994 Lion Red Cup. He left the Warriors in 1996 and returned to win the Lion Red Cup, as captain of the Counties Manukau Heroes. He captained and won three successive Fox Memorial Championships with the Glenora Bears in the 1997, 1998 and 1999 Auckland Rugby League competition and again represented Auckland in the 1997 Super League Challenge Cup.
Mann made his debut for Tonga in 1986.
In 1989 he first made the New Zealand national side and from 1989 to 1993 played in 24 consecutive tests, including matches that formed part of the 1989–1992 World Cup. In 1994 he was made captain of the New Zealand side. However, in 1995 he was dropped from the Kiwis and his place was taken by Syd Eru.
Mann occasionally is involved in coaching with the Tongan national side, in 2006 he was co-coach of the team that won the Pacific Cup.
Mann has worked in the sport and education sector for over 15 years and has also run his own retail business and corporate training. Mann also served for a time as the New Zealand Warriors Junior Development Coach. In 2008 and 2009 he was the head coach of the Glenora Bears in the Auckland Rugby League. He has also held positions as the coaching development manager with Regional Sports Trusts and the Greater Auckland Coaching Unit, and New Zealand Rugby League's high performance director.
Mann currently is a Business Development Manager for Skills Active and occasionally works as a commentator and presenter on Sky TV. In 2010 and 2011 he was the head coach of the Bay Roskill Vikings.
- MANN, DUANE DARRIN 1989 - 94 - KIWI #609 nzleague.co.nz
- Coffey and Wood The Kiwis: 100 Years of International Rugby League ISBN 1-86971-090-8
- Lion Red 1988 Rugby League Annual, New Zealand Rugby Football League, 1988. p.62
- Duane Mann Training Plus
- Warrington’s World Cup heroes - Duane Mann This is Cheshire, 24 October 2008
- Doing their bit North Shore Times Advertiser, 23 June 1994. p.1.
- Switching Mann puts Bears in Fox hunt Sunday Star Times, July 27, 1997
- Man takes the reins at Glenora Western Leader, 13 November 2007. p.31.
- Jessup, Peter (21 February 2009). "League: Glenora stalwart to be honoured in testimonial". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 29 September 2011.
- Mann for the job Western Leader, 24 November 2005. p. 42.
- Jason Dorday Mann at the helm Western Leader, 29 August 2003. p. 27.
- "What they said", Super League, Issue 1 2010. p.17