|Born||Duane Louis Swierczynski
February 22, 1972
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Early life 
Duane Swierczynski was born and raised in Frankford, a neighborhood in lower Northeast Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. He lived at 4738 Darrah St. After leaving in the late 1990s and making several stops elsewhere, in 2002, he moved to another neighborhood in Northeast Philadelphia, where he currently resides.
Swierczynski's surname loosely translates as “dweller near a fir tree.” He and his brother Gregg were named after the Allman Brothers.
Swierczynski has written six non-fiction books, including This Here’s A Stick-Up: The Big Bad Book Of American Bank Robbery (Alpha, 2002) and The Big Book O’ Beer (Quirk, 2004).
Secret Dead Men, Swierczynski’s crime fiction debut, was published in 2005 by PointBlank and has since written nine further novels. His fiction draws heavily on crime noir themes, making frequent use of femmes fatale.
In 2008, Swierczynski signed an exclusive deal with Marvel Comics., where he penned Moon Knight Annual #1, a Punisher one-shot ("Force of Nature"), and the second volume of Cable, which lasted 24 issues. He also assumed writing duties on The Immortal Iron Fist from issue #18 until the title's cancellation. His other planned projects with Marvel included a revival of Werewolf By Night, a story starring Bishop, and contributing to the X-Men-related event Messiah War.
In September 2011, DC Comics relaunched Birds of Prey with issue #1 as part of their The New 52 publishing initiative. Swierczynski replaced Marc Andreyko as the writer, with Jesus Saiz handling the art. Batgirl and Poison Ivy will later be joining the team.
Personal life 
- This Here’s A Stick-Up: The Big Bad Book Of American Bank Robbery (Alpha, 2002) ISBN 0-02-864344-5
- The Big Book O’ Beer (Quirk, 2004) ISBN 1-931686-49-1
- The Encyclopedia of the FBI's Ten Most Wanted List, 1950 to Present ISBN 0-8160-4560-7
- The Perfect Drink for Every Occasion (Quirk)
- The Spy's Guide: Office Espionage (Quirk)
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Frauds, Scams, and Cons (Alpha)
- Secret Dead Men (PointBlank, 2005) ISBN 1-930997-58-2
- The Wheel Man (St. Martin's Press, 2005) ISBN 0-312-34377-9
- Damn Near Dead: An Anthology of Geezer Noir (Busted Flush Press) ISBN 0-9767157-5-9
- The Blonde (St. Martin's Press, 2007) ISBN 0-312-37459-3
- Severance Package (St. Martin's Press, 2008) ISBN 0-312-36339-7
- Murder at Wayne Manor: An Interactive Batman Mystery (Quirk, 2008) ISBN 1-59474-237-5
- Expiration Date (Minotaur Books, 2010) ISBN 978-0-312-36340-6 (Winner of the 2011 Anthony award for Best Paperback Original)
Charlie Hardie Trilogy 
- Fun and Games (Mulholland Books, 2011) ISBN 978-0-316-13328-9
- Hell and Gone (Mulholland Books, 2011) ISBN 978-0-316-13329-6
- Point and Shoot (Mulholland Books, 2013) ISBN 978-0-316-13330-2
- Moon Knight: Annual #1 (Marvel, 2007)
- Punisher: Force Of Nature (Marvel, 2008)
- Cable #1–25 (Marvel, 2008–2010)
- The Immortal Iron Fist #17–27 (with Travel Foreman, ongoing series, Marvel, 2008–2009)
- Immortal Iron Fist: The Death Queen of California (Marvel, 2008)
- Punisher: Frank Castle #66–70, #75 (Marvel, 2009)
- X-Men: The Times and Life of Lucas Bishop #1–3 (Marvel, 2009)
- Deadpool: Wade Wilson's War #1-4 (Marvel, 2010)
- Birds of Prey (comics) #1-, ongoing series,(DC, 2011-)
- Bloodshot (comics) #1-, ongoing series, (Valiant Comics, 2012-)
- Godzilla (comics) #1-, ongoing series, (IDW, 2012-)
- An interview with Rhawnhurst graphic novelist Duane Swierczynski, NEastPhilly.com, May 6, 2009.
- Technically Not Tech: Graphic novelist Duane Swierczynski, TechnicallyPhilly.com, April 6, 2009.
- "Duane Swierczynski resigns as City Paper editor", Philadelphia Daily News, February 4, 2008.
- NYCC '08: Swierczynski Talks New Exclusive, Punisher MAX, Newsarama, April 20, 2008.
- Duane Swierczynski Is Your New "Cable" Provider, Comic Book Resources, December 4, 4, 2007.
- Readying Iron Fist with Writer Duane Swierczynski, Newsarama, September 7, 2008.
- Swierczynski on “Werweolf By NIght", Comic Book Resources, December 19, 2008.
- "Duane Swierczynski: Martial Arts, Mutants, Werewolves...Oh My!", Newsarama, November 25, 2008.
- "Duane Swierczynski and Chris Yost talk Messiah War", IGN, January 15, 2009.
- "Last Hope: Swierczynski on Messiah War", Comic Book Resources, April 10, 2009.
- Fleming, Michael (August 13, 2008). "Lionsgate, Platt pick up 'Package'". Variety. Retrieved August 14, 2008.
- Batman Relaunch: New #1s for "Batgirl", "Batman", "Detective", "Catwoman", "Birds of Prey" (UPDATED), Comics Alliance, June 6, 2011
- The Sweet Smell of Excess, Philadelphia Weekly, February 11, 2009.
- Cable Vision: Duane Swierczynski Q&A, Marvel.com.
- "Bouchercon World Mystery Convention : Anthony Awards Nominees". Bouchercon.info. October 2, 2003. Retrieved March 1, 2012.
- Official blog
- Podcast interview with ComiXology.com
- Fund and Games Interview Shotsmag Ezine
- Interview at Dark Party Review