|This article does not cite any references or sources. (September 2007)|
|Origin||New York, United States|
|Genres||Rock, Punk, Metal, Dub|
|Labels||Ipecac Recordings ROIR|
|Associated acts||Matisyahu, Mike Patton, Peeping Tom, Battle of Mice, Napalm Death|
Dub Trio is DP - Dave Holmes (Guitar & keyboards) Stu Brooks (Bass & keyboards) and Joe Tomino (drums & Melodica). With the addition of electronic, rock, punk and heavy metal, the group pays homage to King Tubby's original dub style, while recreating studio trickery live on stage using various delay pedals, keyboards, and samplers.
While Tomino can add delay or loop effects to his own drums, each member of the band has the ability to "dub" the other via microphones on Tomino's kit running to delay effects on both Holmes' and Brooks' pedal boards.
Dub Trio's first recording with vocals, "Not Alone" with Mike Patton, was featured on both the group's 2006 second record New Heavy and on Mike Patton's 2006 album under the artist name Peeping Tom. The group also toured with Patton as his rhythm section during Peeping Tom's 2006 US tour.
The third Dub Trio album, a live recording entitled Cool Out And Coexist recorded in Union Pool, Brooklyn, New York (19 February 2007 - 20 February 2007), was released in 2007.
In the Summer of 2006, the band appeared on the cover of the first issue Beyond Race magazine.
In February 2009, Dub Trio opened for & toured with Matisyahu, they were also a supporting act during the show.
In fall of 2010, they released 'III' EP with three songs and planning to released 'IV' in spring 2011.
In Summer 2011, they toured with Matisyahu as his band.
Bassist Stu Brooks has recorded with 50 Cent, Tupac Shakur, Slick Rick, Lloyd Banks, Tony Yayo, Young Buck, Mobb Deep, Macy Gray and Lauren Hill's upcoming album (2013). Brooks produced the upcoming Matisyahu record (2013). Drummer Joe Tomino recently toured with The Fugees. Guitarist DP Holmes can be heard on albums by Mos Def and Common.
- Exploring the Dangers of (ROIR, 2004, CD and Vinyl with a track less)
- New Heavy (ROIR, 2006, CD and Vinyl)
- Cool Out And Coexist (Live, ROIR, 2007, CD)
- Another Sound Is Dying (2008 Ipecac Recordings, CD and ROIR Vinyl)
- III (self released EP sold on tour, 2010, CD and iTunes digital exclusive)
- IV (Album, 2011, CD)
Singles and contributions
- Not Alone featuring Mike Patton (7" Vinyl on Blue Or Black/Promotional CD Single, ROIR, 2006)
- supporting Matisyahu on the John Lennon cover "Watching The Wheels" (released on the iTunes exclusive compilation "Make Some Noise" put together by Amnesty International in support for Darfur, 2007)
- Go Hard with Gift Of Gab on DJ Z-Trip's "All Pro" compilation (CD, Decon, 2007)
- supporting Matisyahu on the Elton John cover "Circle of Life" (released on the Walt Disney compilation "The Disney Reggae Club", 2010)
- supporting Matisyahu on the live album "Live at Stubb's, Vol. 2" (2011)
- VCO Dub (7" Vinyl, ROIR, 2012)
- Official Dub Trio Site
- Dub Trio Myspace
- Dub Trio Interview at TheGrixer.com
- Dub Trio collection at the Internet Archive's live music archive
- Dub Trio at AllMusic
- SuicideGirls Interview
|This article on a United States experimental music band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|