Dublin Bay North (Dáil Éireann constituency)
|Dublin Bay North|
|County/City council||Dublin City,
Dublin Bay North is a parliamentary constituency which will be represented in Dáil Éireann, the lower house of the Irish parliament or Oireachtas, from the next Irish general election. The constituency will elect 5 deputies (Teachtaí Dála, commonly known as TDs). The method of election is the single transferable vote form of proportional representation (PR-STV).
History and boundaries
The Constituency Commission proposed in its 2012 report that at the next general election a new constituency called Dublin Bay North be created. The report proposed changes to the constituencies of Ireland so as to reduce the total number of TDs from 166 to 158.
It was established by the Electoral (Amendment) (Dáil Constituencies) Act 2013. The constituency will incorporate the entirety of Dublin North–Central and most of Dublin North–East; with the transfer of an area around the village of Portmarnock from Dublin North–East into Dublin Fingal.
The 2013 Act defines the constituency as:
- "In the city of Dublin the electoral divisions of:
- Ayrfield, Beaumont B, Beaumont C, Beaumont D, Beaumont E, Beaumont F, Clontarf East A, Clontarf East B, Clontarf East C, Clontarf East D, Clontarf East E, Clontarf West A, Clontarf West B, Clontarf West C, Clontarf West D, Clontarf West E, Drumcondra South A, Edenmore, Grace Park, Grange A, Grange B, Grange C, Grange D, Grange E, Harmonstown A, Harmonstown B, Kilmore A, Kilmore B, Kilmore C, Kilmore D, Priorswood A, Priorswood B, Priorswood C, Priorswood D, Priorswood E, Raheny-Foxfield, Raheny-Greendale, Raheny-St. Assam;
- and, in the county of Fingal, the electoral divisions of:
- Baldoyle, Howth, Sutton."
Confirmed Election Candidates for Next General Election
|General Election 2015 or 2016: Dublin_Bay_North|
|People Before Profit||John Lyons|
|Sinn Féin||Micheál MacDonncha|
|Sinn Féin||Denise Mitchell|
|Anti-Austerity Alliance||Michael O’Brien|
|Fine Gael||Naoise O'Muirí|
|Fine Gael||Stephanie Regan|
- "Constituency Commission Report 2012 – Dublin area" (PDF). Constituency Commission. 21 June 2012. Retrieved 7 April 2013.
- "Constituency Commission Report 2012 – Introduction and summary of recommendation" (PDF). Constituency Commission. 21 June 2012. Retrieved 7 April 2013.
- "Electoral (Amendment) (Dáil Constituencies) Act 2013: Schedule". Irish Statute Book database. Retrieved 7 April 2013.
- "Officially declared candidates for the 2015/2016 General Election". 1 May 2015. Retrieved 1 May 2015.
- "Richard Bruton not selected at FG convention vote". RTÉ.ie. 1 May 2015. Retrieved 1 May 2015.