Dublin Cabra (Dáil Éireann constituency)
|Former Dáil Éireann
|County/City council||Dublin City|
Dublin Cabra was a short-lived parliamentary constituency represented in Dáil Éireann, the lower house of the Irish parliament or Oireachtas from 1977 to 1981. The constituency elected 3 deputies (Teachtaí Dála, commonly known as TDs) to the Dáil, using the single transferable vote form of proportional representation (PR-STV).
The constituency was created in 1977, under the Electoral (Amendment) Act 1974, taking in parts of the former Dublin North–West and Dublin Central constituencies, as part of the redistribution of constituencies which attempted to secure the re-election of the outgoing Fine Gael–Labour Party government. The constituency was abolished in 1981 with most of it going into a revived Dublin Central constituency. There were 16 electoral areas in Dublin Cabra; 13 went to Dublin Central for the 1981 election, with three going to Dublin West (the areas of Phoenix Park, Cabra West A and Cabra West C).
|Teachtaí Dála (TDs) for Dublin Cabra 1977–1981|
|Vivion de Valera
Note: The columns in this table are used only for presentational purposes, and no significance should be attached to the order of columns. For details of the order in which seats were won at each election, see the detailed results of that election.
1977 general election 
|1977 general election: Dublin Cabra|
|Fianna Fáil||Vivion de Valera||5,830||22.9||1|
|Fine Gael||Hugh Byrne||5,042||19.9||2|
|Fianna Fáil||Tom Leonard||3,728||14.7||3|
|Labour Party||Patrick Carroll||2,817||11.1|
|Fianna Fáil||Richard Gogan||2,224||8.8|
|Labour Party||David Thornley||1,615||6.4|
|Labour Party||Michael Mullen||1,603||6.3|
|Fine Gael||John McKay||991||3.9|
|Electorate: 37,656 Valid: 25,403 Quota: 6,351 Turnout: 67.4%|
See also 
- Parliamentary constituencies in the Republic of Ireland
- Politics of the Republic of Ireland
- List of historic Dáil Éireann constituencies
- Elections in the Republic of Ireland
- "Electoral (Amendment) Act, 1974: Schedule (Constituencies)". Irish Statute Book database. Retrieved 5 March 2009.
- Walker, Brian M, ed. (1992). Parliamentary election results in Ireland, 1918–92. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy. ISBN 0-901714-96-8. ISSN 0332-0286.
- "General election 1977: Dublin Cabra". ElectionsIreland.org. Retrieved 6 March 2009.