Dublin City School District (Franklin County, Ohio)
|Dublin City School District|
|Type and location|
|Superintendent||Todd Hoadley, Ph.D.|
|Students and staff|
|Athletic Conference||Ohio Capital Conference|
The Dublin City School District, also known as Dublin City Schools, is a public school district in Ohio. It encompasses 47 square miles (120 km2), and serves most of the city of Dublin, Ohio, as well as part of the city of Columbus, and unincorporated parts of Delaware and Union Counties. As of 2012, it had 14,500 students attending its nineteen schools. Glacier Ridge Elementary School, being the newest.
|This section is outdated. (February 2014)|
The curriculum and student handbooks of the three high schools in the Dublin City School District were revised in 2007 to conform with the International Baccalaureate degree program. These changes included recognizing all students with a GPA of 4.1 or above to receive a valedictorian status, a shift from a seven period day to an eight period day, and a change from year long 1.0 credit courses to semester 0.5 credit courses. Students now receive 0.5 credits for each semester, instead of 1.0 credit at the end of the year.
- Albert Chapman Elementary School
- Daniel Wright Elementary School
- Deer Run Elementary School
- Eli Pinney Elementary School
- Glacier Ridge Elementary School
- Griffith Thomas Elementary School
- Indian Run Elementary School
- Mary Emma Bailey Elementary School
- Olde Sawmill Elementary School
- Riverside Elementary School
- Scottish Corners Elementary School
- Wyandot Elementary School
- Ann Simpson Davis Middle School
- Dr. Henry Karrer Middle School
- John Sells Middle School
- Willard Grizzell Middle School
- Dublin Jerome High School received a 2010 Blue Ribbon School award from the United States Department of Education.
- Willard Grizzell Middle School received a 2009 Blue Ribbon School award from the United States Department of Education.
- All 3 high schools were identified among America's Best High Schools 2011, a ranking of the top 300 national high schools by Newsweek.
- ThisWeek Community Newspapers. "High school changes are approved". Retrieved 2007-12-16.
- National Blue Ribbon Schools Program. (pdf) Last viewed 2011-10-25.
- "Winning the Blue Ribbon" Columbus City Scene Magazine. Last viewed 2011-10-25.
- America's Best High Schools 2011. Last viewed 2011-10-25.