Dublin Mid (Dáil Éireann constituency)
|Former Dáil Éireann
|County/City council||County Dublin|
Dublin Mid was a parliamentary constituency represented in Dáil Éireann, the lower house of the Irish parliament or Oireachtas from 1921 to 1923. The constituency elected 4 deputies (Teachtaí Dála, commonly known as TDs) to the Dáil, using the single transferable vote form of proportional representation (PR-STV).
The constituency was created in 1921 as a 4 seater, under the Government of Ireland Act 1920, for the 1921 election to the House of Commons of Southern Ireland, whose members formed the 2nd Dáil. It was abolished under the Electoral Act 1923.
The constituency consisted of the College Green and the Dublin Harbour divisions of Dublin city.
|Teachtaí Dála (TDs) for Dublin Mid 1921–1923|
|Seán T. O'Kelly
|Seán T. O'Kelly
Note: The columns in this table are used only for presentational purposes, and no significance should be attached to the order of columns. For details of the order in which seats were won at each election, see the detailed results of that election.
1922 general election
|1922 general election: Dublin Mid|
|Sinn Féin (Pro-Treaty)||Seán McGarry||4,295||14.7||3||3|
|Sinn Féin (Anti-Treaty)||Seán T. O'Kelly||1,941||6.7||4||6|
|Sinn Féin (Anti-Treaty)||Philip Shanahan||2,172||7.5|
|Sinn Féin (Anti-Treaty)||Kathleen Clarke||1,557||5.4|
|Electorate: 41,440 Valid: 29,129 Quota: 5,826 Turnout: 70.3%|
1921 general election
|1921 general election: Dublin Mid|
|Sinn Féin||Kathleen Clarke||Unopposed||N/A||1|
|Sinn Féin||Seán McGarry||Unopposed||N/A||2|
|Sinn Féin||Seán T. O'Kelly||Unopposed||N/A||3|
|Sinn Féin||Philip Shanahan||Unopposed||N/A||4|
- Parliamentary constituencies in the Republic of Ireland
- Politics of the Republic of Ireland
- List of historic Dáil Éireann constituencies
- Elections in the Republic of Ireland
- Walker, Brian M, ed. (1992). Parliamentary election results in Ireland, 1918–92. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy. ISBN 0-901714-96-8. ISSN 0332-0286.
- "General election 1921: Dublin Mid". ElectionsIreland.org. Retrieved 7 September 2010.
- "General election 1922: Dublin Mid". ElectionsIreland.org. Retrieved 7 September 2010.