Duchess Luise of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel
|Luise of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel|
|Princess August Wilhelm of Prussia|
Luise in 1780
|Spouse||Augustus William of Prussia|
|Issue||Frederick William II of Prussia
Wilhelmina, Princess of Orange
|Father||Ferdinand Albert II|
|Mother||Antoinette of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel|
|Born||29 January 1722
Schloss Bevern, Weser
|Died||13 January 1780
Schloss Oranienburg, Berlin, Prussia
On 6 January 1742 she married Prince Augustus William of Prussia, second son of King Frederick William I of Prussia and Sophia Dorothea of Hanover. Prince Augustus William was a younger brother of the reigning Frederick the Great, whose spouse, Luise's own sister, gave him no children. As such, her son was to inherit the Prussian throne in 1786. In her widowhood, she was given the Crown Prince's Palace in Berlin.
- Frederick William II of Prussia (1744–1797) married Elisabeth Christine of Brunswick-Lüneburg and had issue. Married Frederika Louisa of Hesse-Darmstadt and had issue.
- Prince Henry of Prussia (1747–1767) died unmarried.
- Princess Wilhelmina of Prussia (1751–1820) married William V, Prince of Orange and had issue.
- Prince Emil of Prussia (1758–1759) died in infancy.
Titles, styles, honours and arms
Titles and styles
- 29 January 1722 - 6 January 1742 Her Serene Highness Duchess Luise of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel
- 6 January 1742 - 13 January 1780 Her Royal Highness Princess August Wilhelm of Prussia