From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up duck in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Duck is a name applied to several bird species of the family Anatidae.
Duck may also refer to:
- American Canyon Transit, also known as "The Duck"
- Citroën 2CV, a car model nicknamed "The Duck"
- Ducati, a motorcycle company, sometimes shortened to "Duc" or "Duck"
- DUKW, commonly pronounced "duck", a type of amphibious vehicle
- Grumman JF Duck, a biplane amphibious aircraft
- J2F Duck, amphibious aircraft derived from the JF Duck
- Duck typing, in programming, a form of dynamic typing where a variable's value itself determines what it can do
DUCK, the FourCC for The Duck Company's TrueMotion S video codec
Materials and garments
- Cotton duck, a fine strong cloth made from untwilled linen, later cotton
As a surname
- Emma Duck (born 1981), British international track athlete
- Richard Duck, English 16th-century Vice-Chancellor of Oxford University
As a nickname
- Duck (crossword compiler) or Don Manley (born 1945), a British compiler of crosswords
- Donald "Duck" Dunn (born 1941), bass player for Booker T. & the M.G.'s and The Blues Brothers
Sports and games
- Duck (bridge), in the card game of contract bridge, duck means to play low to a trick, thus losing it intentionally.
- Duck (cricket), a cricketing term denoting a batsman being dismissed with a score of zero
- Anaheim Ducks, a hockey team
- Long Island Ducks, a minor league baseball team
- Oregon Ducks, the sports teams of the University of Oregon
- Duck Records, a record label
- Duck (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland)
- Duck, a character in the anime Princess Tutu
- Ducks, a fictional race of sentient creatures similar in appearance to actual ducks in the Glorantha setting for the fantasy role-playing games RuneQuest and Suikoden
- Duck Phillips, a character on Mad Men
- Donald "Duck" Matthews, a character in the 1991 movie The Five Heartbeats portrayed by Robert Townsend
- Duck the Great Western Engine from the Railway Series by Rev.W. Awdry
- Aflac duck, the brand and mascot of Aflac Incorporated
- Fokke, a character in the Dutch comic strip Fokke & Sukke
Film and television
- Duck (film), a 2005 film by Nic Batterau
- Duck! The Carbine High Massacre, a 2006 film about a fictional school shooting
- "Duck! / Aren't You Chupacabra To See Me?", an episode of The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
- Duck, a television ident for BBC Two first aired in 1997 (see BBC Two '1991-2001' idents)
- Duck, North Carolina, a small town on the Outer Banks of North Carolina
- Duck River (Tennessee), the longest river within the state of Tennessee in the United States
- Monte Creek, British Columbia, Canada, a rural locality originally named "Ducks"
- Duck, a lead weight used by draftsmen to hold splines in place
- Duck, a hypocorism or affectionate phrase, often used in parts of the Midlands and South Yorkshire in England, originally derived from the title Duke
- Duck, a very short cave sump
- Duck, in architecture, any building in the shape of something associated with it; named for the Big Duck
- Ducks (hiking) or cairn, a pile of three or more stones used to mark an off-trail hiking route
- XGAM-71 Buck Duck, a decoy missile developed in the 1950s
- All pages beginning with "duck"
- All pages with titles containing "duck"
- Crouch (disambiguation)
- Cucking stool (ducking stool)
- Duck and cover (disambiguation)
- Duck foot (disambiguation)
- Duct (disambiguation)
- Rubber duck (disambiguation)
- Duckie (disambiguation)
- Ducky (disambiguation)
- Trial by ordeal (Ducking or trial by water)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.