Duck Creek Township, Madison County, Indiana
|Duck Creek Township|
Location in Madison County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||23.98 sq mi (62.1 km2)|
|• Land||23.98 sq mi (62.1 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||863 ft (263 m)|
|• Density||22.8/sq mi (8.8/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453267|
Duck Creek Township was organized in 1852. It takes its name from a stream in the southeastern part.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 23.98 square miles (62.1 km2), all land.
Cities, towns, villages
- Elwood (north edge)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains Waymire Cemetery.
- Elwood Community School Corporation
- Madison-Grant United School Corporation
- Indiana's 6th congressional district
- State House District 35
- State Senate District 20
- "Duck Creek Township, Madison County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-03.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Forkner, John La Rue and Dyson, Byron H. (1897). Historical Sketches and Reminiscences of Madison County, Indiana. Wilson, Humprheys & Co. p. 715.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Duck Creek Township
- Duck Creek Township History
||Green Township, Grant County||Liberty Township, Grant County|
|Wildcat Township, Tipton County||Boone Township|
|Madison Township, Tipton County||Pipe Creek Township|