|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2014)|
A-Trak (left) and Armand Van Helden (right).
|Origin||New York City, New York, United States|
|Genres||House, nu-disco, dance|
|Labels||Fool's Gold Records, Casablanca Records, Republic Records, Ministry of Sound Australia|
|Members||Armand Van Helden
Their first tracks are "aNYway" and "You're Nasty". The track "aNYway" capitalizes "NY" to signify their origins in New York. The song is sampled from "I Can Do It" by Final Edition. Their debut EP, Greatest Hits was released on July 15, 2010.
In the summer of 2010, Duck Sauce released a track called "Barbra Streisand", named after the singer of the same name. The track heavily samples the 1979 song "Gotta Go Home" by Boney M., which itself is based upon the original tune "Hallo Bimmelbahn" by the German band Nighttrain. The famous hookline is written by Heinz Huth. "Barbra Streisand" was first played at Miami Winter Music Conference in 2010, and gained heavy DJ and radio support in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Norway, Austria, Poland (Polskie Radio 4), France, Finland, Romania, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and Sri Lanka. In Australia, "Barbra Streisand" was first heard on the radio station Triple J, while in New Zealand it made its debut on Auckland student radio station 95bFM. The song has since also moved to various commercial radio stations and has increased in popularity. In the UK the song peaked at #3 on the UK Singles Chart and reached #1 on the Australian ARIA Club Chart as of 12 September 2010. For Billboard magazine week ending December 18, 2010, the song reached the #1 position on the Dance/Club Play Songs chart. On April 26, 2011, the song was featured in Glee's 18th episode in their second season entitled "Born This Way". The song is also featured in the Vitamin Water Revive commercial. The "Barbra Streisand" music video has over 69 million views.
"Big Bad Wolf" was released by Duck Sauce in 2011 on BBC Radio and samples wolves howling. The music video features genitalia replaced by human heads. A-Trak notes "When Keith came up with this idea of 'crotchfaces,' we just thought it was hilarious."
On June 6, 2013, announced via Facebook, a preview of the song "It's You" was shown, with the full song released on June 25, 2013. "It's You" samples the track by the same name from FirstCom's OneMusic library. The music video features in a barber shop transformed into a surreal dance party which comes to life with the beat of the song. The music video earned them a nomination at the MTV Video Music Awards hosted on August 25, 2013 held in Brooklyn, New York.
In October of the same year they released "Radio Stereo". The track is a Duck Sauce reworking of "Radio", a chart-topping track from 1982, written by Members guitarist Nigel Bennett. An Australian hit for UK punk act The Members, "Radio" was produced by legendary late 70's/early 80's punk and new wave Brit producer Martin Rushent, who also produced for the Human League, Altered Images and Buzzcocks. The original chorus, "We listen to the radio! It's better than the stereo" is looped over Duck Sauce's trademark driving, funky bass and playful sampling.
Songwriter Nigel Bennett was quoted saying that he was happy that Duck Sauce discovered his song and loved what they've done with "Radio Stereo."
In early 2014 Duck Sauce announced a full album entited Quack to be released through Fool's Gold Records. The album features 12 songs by the duo, including the aforementioned "Barbra Streisand" and previously released singles like "Its You" and "Radio Stereo". The album's lead single "NRG" samples Melissa Manchester's 1985 track "Energy" and was named Zane Lowe's "Hottest Record in the World" on April 3, 2014.. The album was released on April 15, 2014.
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions||Certifications||Album|
|2011||"Big Bad Wolf"||—||—||—||16||—||—||—||—||—||79|
|"—" denotes a single that did not chart or was not released in that territory.|
Concerts World Tour 2014
- 3/27/2014: Adore Club - Miami (USA)
- 4/13/2014: Coachella 2014 - Indio, CA (USA)
- 4/20/2014: Coachella 2014 - Indio, CA (USA)
- 7/04/2014: Olimpyc Park - Calgary (Canada)
- 7/26/2014: Corona SunSets - Mamitas Beach Club - Playa Del Carmen(Mexico)
- 8/09/2014: Outside Land Festival - San Francisco (USA)
- 04/10/2014: Presidente Festival - Dominican Republic (DM)
Awards and nominations
International Dance Music Awards
|2011||Barbra Streisand||Best Break-Through Artist||Nominated|
|Barbra Streisand||Best Best House/Garage Track||Nominated|
|Best Underground Dance Track||Won|
|2012||Big Bad Wolf||Won|
|Best Music Video||Nominated|
|Big Bad Wolf||Best Artist - Group||Nominated|
|2013||It's You||Best Visual Effects: MTV Awards||Nominated|
|2012||Barbra Streisand||Best Dance Recording||Nominated|
- Dance/Club Play Songs. Billboard.
- http://www.ariacharts.com.au/pages/charts_display_club.asp?chart=1L50 ARIA Club Chart
- Futterman, Erica (27 April 2011). "'Glee' Recap: Everyone's Proud to be 'Born This Way'". Rolling Stone (Wenner Media). Retrieved 29 April 2011.
- Vitamin Water Revive Commercial. YouTube. April 18, 2011.
- "Duck Sauce - Barbra Streisand (Official Music Video)". YouTube.
- Big Bad Wolf Rolling Stones Videos. October 24, 2011.
- OneMusic Track Sampled in Duck Sauce's New Single FirstCom Music. June 25, 2013.
- "Duck Sauce – Chart History: The Hot 100". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media.
- Hung, Steffen. "Discography Duck Sauce". Australian Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung).
- Hung, Steffen. "Discographie Duck Sauce". Austrian Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung).
- Hung, Steffen. "Discografie Duck Sauce". Belgium Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung).
- Hung, Steffen. "Discographie Duck Sauce". French Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung).
- Hung, Steffen. "Discographie Duck Sauce". German Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung).
- Hung, Steffen. "Discography Duck Sauce". Irish Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung).
- Hung, Steffen. "Discografie Duck Sauce". Dutch Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung).
- Hung, Steffen. "Discographie Duck Sauce". Swiss Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung).
- "Duck Sauce > UK Charts". Officialcharts.com/. Official Charts Company.
- "Australian accreditations". Australian Recording Industry Association. Retrieved 2013-12-02.
- "Finnish accreditations". IFPI Finland. Retrieved 2013-12-02.
- "German Singles Accreditations". Bundesverband Musikindustrie. Retrieved 2013-12-02.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Duck Sauce.|
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (April 2014)|