||This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013)
The Dufay Collective is an early-music ensemble from the United Kingdom, specializing in Medieval and Renaissance music. Founded in 1987, it was named after the Renaissance composer Guillaume Dufay. The group is directed by William Lyons. Group size and personnel varies according to the needs of the project.
- William Lyons, Director: flute, recorder, shawm, bagpipes, dulcian, hurdy gurdy
- Vivien Ellis vocals
- Peter Skuce harp, organ, harpsichord
- Jon Banks, harp, gittern, guitar
- A L'Estampida: medieval dance music (1991) - described by the BBC as "influential".
- A Dance in the Garden of Mirth: medieval instrumental music (1994)
- Miri It Is: songs and instrumental music from medieval England (1995)
- Johnny, Cock thy Beaver: popular music-making in 17th century England (1996)
- On the Banks of the Seine: music of the trouvères (1997)
- Miracles: 13th century Spanish songs in Praise of the Virgin Mary (1997)
- Cancionero - Music for the Spanish Court 1470-1520 (2002) (Grammy-nominated)
- Music for Alfonso the Wise (2005)
- A L'Estampida - 15¾th Anniversary Edition (2005)
- The Play of Daniel "
- To Drive The Cold Winter Away' Not on general release.
The group has also collaborated for several movie soundtracks, including those of Hamlet, The Affair of the Necklace, A Knight's Tale, and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.