Dulaney High School
|Dulaney High School|
|The school's Blue Ribbon School of Excellence|
|255 East Padonia Road
Timonium, Maryland, 21093
|School district||Baltimore County Public Schools|
|Superintendent||S. Dallas Dance|
|School number||(410) 887-7633|
|Principal||Lynda M. Whitlock|
|Color(s)||Red, Black, and White
|Website||Dulaney High School Website|
Dulaney High School is a secondary school in Timonium, Baltimore County, Maryland. The school serves a generally middle- to upper-middle class suburban community, with students from Timonium and surrounding areas in Baltimore County. Dulaney is a Blue Ribbon School and ranked #259 nationwide in Newsweek magazine's 2010 survey of top high schools in the U.S. It is situated on 45 acres (180,000 m2) adjacent to Dulaney Valley Memorial Gardens.
The school graduated its first senior class in 1962. As of 2011, Dulaney had reported an enrollment of 1,883 students. The school is accredited by the state of Maryland and is a member of the National Association of College Admissions Counselors. The faculty consists of 120 instructors.
Dulaney offers the highest number of Advanced Placement, that is, college-level, courses in Baltimore County. In Spring 2005, 438 Dulaney students took 975 Advanced placement exams. Of this number, 85% scored a 3, 4, or 5 on the exams (5 is the highest score on a scale of 1 to 5, credited as an "A" by many colleges). In the 2004-2005 school year, 67% of seniors and 42% of juniors were enrolled in at least one AP course. Also in 2004-2005, 172 students received AP Scholar designation: 61 AP Scholars; 27 AP Scholars with Honors; 68 AP Scholars with Distinction; and 16 National AP Scholars.
Dulaney hosts more than 70 different clubs and organizations for its students. Among the clubs are: Peer Tutors, Dulanians, Key Club, Sports Teams, and the National Honor Society. The Peer Tutors help students who have trouble in a wide array of subjects, usually for service hours or National Honor Society points. The Dulanians help adjust incoming 9th graders to the school, and show them the way at orientations, and other events. The Key Club is a service oriented club that meets weekly, and hosts many service opportunities during the year. Dulaney also offers a theatrical program, which performs yearly plays as well as musicals. Dulaney also has a Vex Robotics team; it used to have a FIRST Robotics team, until the mentor stepped down in 2011. One of the largest and most prestigious organizations at Dulaney is the Lion's Roar Marching Band. The band marched in the 2011 New Year's Day Parade  and has been invited to perform again in the 2015 London New Year's Day Parade. The band has also marched several parades down Main Street, USA in the Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida and performed in the 2013 Allstate Sugar Bowl Halftime Show.
The Dulaney High School Lions have won the following Maryland State Championships:
- 1968 - Boys Cross Country
- 1969 - Boys Track & Field
- 1976 - Boys Lacrosse
- 1979 - Boys Cross Country
- 1980 - Boys Cross Country
- 1981 - Boys Cross Country
- 1981 - Girls Cross Country
- 1982 - Girls Cross Country
- 1983 - Boys Lacrosse
- 1983 - Boys Cross Country
- 1988 - Girls Basketball,
- 1990 - Boys Lacrosse, Class 4A-3A
- 1991 - Boys Lacrosse, Class 4A-3A
- 1993 - Girls Soccer, Class 4A-3A
- 1994 - Girls Cross Country, 4A
- 1995 - Girls Cross Country, 4A
- 1996 - Girls Cross Country, 4A
- 1997 - Girls Cross Country, 4A
- 1999 - Volleyball, Class 4A
- 2000 - Boys Soccer, 4A
- 2000 - Volleyball, Class 4A
- 2000 - Golf, Class 4A-3A
- 2000 - Boys Lacrosse, Class 4A-3A
- 2001 - Boys Lacrosse, Class 4A-3A
- 2001 - Girls Cross Country, 3A
- 2002 - Boys Lacrosse, Class 4A-3A
- 2003 - Boys Lacrosse, Class 4A-3A
- 2005 - Boys Lacrosse, Class 4A-3A
- 2005 - Girls Lacrosse, Class 4A-3A
- 2006 - Girls Lacrosse, Class 4A-3A
- 2008 - Boys Lacrosse, Class 4A-3A
- 2013 - Girls Volleyball, Class 4A-3A
- Monica Dogra, actress, acted in Bollywood movie Dhobi Ghat, Class of 2000
- Mark Bowden, author, best known for Black Hawk Down.
- Kendel Sibiski Ehrlich, Wife of former Maryland Governor Robert Ehrlich and radio talk show host
- Phil Karn, Internet engineer
- Kevin Kilner, actor, lacrosse JHU.
- Sean Rush, Professional Soccer Player, Founder of Pipeline Soccer Club
- Ricky Van Veen, co-founder of CollegeHumor.com
- Gil Wadsworth, Film and Television Producer/Director
- Bob Wheeler, Olympian, 1972 Munich Olympics (1500 meters)
- Gregory R. Wiseman, NASA astronaut
- Cheryl Wheeler, Accomplished folk musician/songwriter, Class of 1969
- J.B. Jennings, Maryland State Senator
- "2008 Maryland Report Card"[dead link]. Maryland State Department of Education.
- "Dulaney High School Fact Sheet" Retrieved November 2, 2007. Archived October 30, 2007 at the Wayback Machine
- "Dulaney Band Gets Set to Play in London". 24 Dec. 2010.  Accessed 14 June 2013.
- "Dulaney High bands invited to perform in London". 23 Sept. 2013.  Accessed 29 September 2013.
- "Dulaney's Lion's Roar Marching Band performs at Sugar Bowl". 23 Jan. 2013.  Accessed 29 September 2013.
- MPSSAA[dead link]
- MPSSAA Track & Field[dead link]
- MPSSAA Girls Cross Country[dead link]
- MPSSAA Girls Basketball[dead link]
- MPSSAA Lacrosse[dead link]
- MPSSAA Girls Soccer[dead link]
- MPSSAA Volleyball[dead link]
- MPSSAA Golf[dead link]
- MPSSAA Girls Lacrosse[dead link]
- "Blue Ribbon Schools in Baltimore County". Baltimore County Public Schools. Retrieved January 3, 2007.
- [dead link]
- Dulaney High School official website
- Dulaney High School Robotics Club - FIRST Robotics Team 1727.
- Baltimore County Schools - Alumni Accomplishments - Includes notable alumni from Dulaney High School and other schools in the system.
- Dulaney Alumni Archive
- Dulaney's Men's Varsity Soccer Website