East High School (Duluth, Minnesota)
|Duluth East High School|
|Number of students||1,569|
|Color(s)||Red and Grey|
|Website||Duluth East High School|
Duluth East High School, also known as East High School, is a public secondary school in Duluth, Minnesota. It educates students in grades nine through twelve. It first opened its doors in 1927, as a junior high school. In 1950, it became a senior high school to serve the growing student population.
Situated in a residential neighborhood in eastern Duluth, Duluth East currently serves about 1,477 students.
East High School employs a schedule that allows students to take six 50-minute classes a day. It also offers an optional zero hour, for students to take a schedule of seven classes. There are limited options for taking zero hour courses, and they are held before the official start of school.
East High School offers many classes to serve its students. These classes include Advanced Placement (AP) classes, Post Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO), vocational classes, special education, honors, and basic classes.
According to the new school "red plan", East was moved into the Ordean Middle School Building starting in the year 2011, and Ordean East Middle School was put into the East Building.
Duluth East High School has extracurricular activities that students can join. These activities include athletic teams, service organizations, and academic teams.
Clubs and organizations
In addition to athletic teams, Duluth East also has clubs and organizations. These include:
- American Field Service (AFS)
- Anime Club
- Birch Log (yearbook staff)
- Book Club
- Duluth East Japanese & Anime Organization 
- Executive Board
- Fellowship of Jewish Athletes (founded 1995)
- Friends of Rachel Club
- Gay-Straight Alliance (GSA)
- GREEN Club
- Greyhound Volleyball Booster Club
- Grill Team
- The Greyhound (school newspaper)
- Harry Potter Club
- Hound Pack
- Intramural sports
- Key Club
- Knitting Club
- Knowledge Bowl
- Math Team
- National Honor Society
- Odyssey of the Mind
- Photography and Video Club
- Robotics: Duluth East Daredevils FRC FIRST Robotics Team 2512
- Speech (in association with Denfeld High School)
- Scott Anderson Leadership Team (SALT)
- Société National Honoraire de Français
- Spanish Club
- Student Forum