Dumb and Dumber (TV series)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2015)|
|Dumb and Dumber|
|Based on||Dumb and Dumber by
|Voices of||Matt Frewer
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Executive producer(s)||Sherry Gunther
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Hanna-Barbera Productions
New Line Television
|Distributor||Warner Bros. Television Distribution|
|Original run||October 28, 1995– February 3, 1996|
The cartoon revolves around the continued misadventures of Lloyd and Harry after reacquiring their dogshaped van now named "Otto". It also features a new character, Kitty, a female pet purple beaver who appears to be smarter than both men. It is the final Hanna-Barbera-produced show to premiere on ABC and one of the last Saturday morning cartoons on the network not associated with The Walt Disney Company.
Matt Frewer provided the voice of Lloyd Christmas (Jim Carrey's character in the movie), while Bill Fagerbakke voiced the character of Harry Dunne (Jeff Daniels' character in the movie). The animated series was written by Bennett Yellin, co-writer of the original film. The series was cancelled after one season. It aired in reruns on Cartoon Network after its cancellation.
In Britain, the series was screened on Cartoon Network before receiving terrestrial airings on Channel 4 (unlike The Mask: Animated Series and Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, two other shows based on a film starring Jim Carrey, both of which were shown by the BBC).
A tape containing some episodes of the show, including "Dumb Luck", was released in Australia and Russia in the 1990s, but in the United States, there were never any tapes of the show released on home video.
- Bill Fagerbakke ... Harry Dunne/Cowboy
- Matt Frewer ... Lloyd Christmas/Gunther/Jim #3
- Tom Kenny ... Weenie/Thumbs/Bodybuilder #2/Spock
- Bronson Pinchot ... Dymbster
- Kath Soucie ... Waitress
- Maurice LaMarche ... Fingers/BlackJack Dealer/Roy
- Kathy Najimy ... Bunny/Horselady/Female Dealer
- Ned Bellamy ... Announcer/Bodybuilder #2
- Otto’s Best Friend (October 28, 1995)
- Dumb Luck / Dumbbells (November 4, 1995)
- Top Dumbs (November 11, 1995)
- Dixie Dolts / Neither Rain Nor Sleet Nor Dumbness (November 18, 1995)
- Horse Non-sense / Senseless in Seattle / Mmm, Cheesy (November 25, 1995)
- Movers and Breakers / To Bee Or Not To Bee (December 2, 1995)
- Dream a Little Scream / Speed and Speedier (December 9, 1995)
- Santa Klutz / Hole in Something (December 16, 1995)
- Brain, Brain, Go Away (January 6, 1996)
- Home Cookin’ (January 13, 1996)
- Bootcampers / Overbite in Paradise (January 20, 1996)
- Chipped Dip / Laundryland Lunacy (January 27, 1996)
- Harry Canary / Alienated (February 3, 1996)
Home Media releases
On January 13, 2015, Warner Archive released Dumb and Dumber: The Complete Series on DVD in region 1 as part of their Warner Archive Collection. This is a Manufacture-on-Demand (MOD) release, available exclusively through Warner's online store and Amazon.com.