Dumbrava Sibiului Natural Park
|Dumbrava Sibiului Natural Park|
|Parcul Natural Dumbrava Sibiului|
IUCN category V (protected landscape/seascape)
Dumbrava Sibiului Natural Park (lake)
|Location|| Sibiu County
|Area||993 hectares (2,450 acres)|
The Dumbrava Sibiului Natural Park (Romanian: Parcul Natural Dumbrava Sibiului) (natural park category V IUCN) is a protected area situated in central Romania, in Sibiu County, in administrative territory of Sibiu town.
Dumbrava Sibiului Natural Park was declared a natural protected area by Law Number 5, of March 6, 2000. It consists of a forest area (Dumbrava Forest) crossed by the Trinkbach River, forming on its course three anthropic-type lakes.[clarification needed]
The natural park was a favoured promenade location for inhabitants of Sibiu as early as the 18th century. It is known nowadays for the ASTRA National Museum Complex. The tram line connecting Sibiu with Rasinari can also be seen from there. The Municipal Cemetery, opened in 1907, is located on the south side of the park's woods.
Flora and fauna
Vegetation of forest
Species of trees: English oak (Quercus robur), Sessile Oak (Qercus petraea), European hornbeam (Carpinus betulus), Elm (Ulmus), Field Maple (Acer campestre), European Beech (Fagus sylvatica), linden (Tilia), Pine (Pinus);
Species of birds: sparrow (in family Emberizidae), Eurasian Jay (Garrulus glandarius), woodpeacker (family Picidae), Blackbird (Turdus merula), Common Chaffinch (Fringilla coelebs), Turtle Dove (Streptopelia turtur), Common Raven (Corvus corax), Common Cuckoo (Cuculus canorus).
- eunis.eea.europa.eu - Dumbrava Sibiului Natural Park; retrieved on June 01, 2012
- (Romanian) apmsb.anpm.ro - Regional Environmental Protection Agenty Sibiu; retrieved on June 01, 2012
- protectedplanet.net - Dumbrava Sibiului Natural Park; retrieved on June 01, 2012
- (Romanian) cdep.ro - Law No.5 of March 6, 2000; retrieved on June 01, 2012
- "Junge Wald".
- "DUMBRAVA SIBIULUI NATURAL PARK".
- spontana.robustit.com -Speciesof flora in Romania; retrieved on June 2, 2012
- (Romanian) enrin.grida.no - Flora and fauna of Romania; retrieved on June 2, 2012