All Saints' Church, Dummer
Dummer shown within Hampshire
|OS grid reference|
|District||Basingstoke and Deane|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||South East England|
|UK Parliament||North West Hampshire|
The name of the village is derived from Dun (meaning hill) and Mer (lake or pond). The English surname 'Dummer' is thought to originate from here, as the Dummer family were lords of the manor between the 12th and 16th centuries.
All Saints Church is in the centre of the village. The church is part of the Church of England benefice of Farleigh, Candover and Wield, served by the same Rector.
A public house, The Queen , is north of the church on Down Street towards the M3.
Also towards the M3 is the Dummer Golf Club,  the course lying to the northeast of the village.
To the south west of Dummer village by about 1 km is Dummer Down Farm, site of the Dummer Cricket Centre  which was founded by the late Major Ronald Ferguson, father of Sarah, Duchess of York. The current owner, Andrew Ferguson, is a local councillor on Dummer Parish Council.
The village is part of the civil parish of Dummer, which is part of the Oakley and North Waltham ward of Basingstoke and Deane borough council. The borough council is a Non-metropolitan district of Hampshire County Council.
- Position: grid reference SU583458
- Nearby towns and cities: Alton, Andover, Basingstoke, Newbury, Winchester
- Nearby villages: Axford, Cliddesden, Farleigh Wallop, Hook, Kingsclere, North Waltham, Oakley, Old Basing, Overton, Steventon, Whitchurch.
- The Dummer family
- Sarah, Duchess of York
- Air Marshal Sir Thomas Elmhirst KBE CB AFC DL RAF, first Commander-in-chief of the Indian Air Force
- Tara Palmer-Tomkinson, aristocrat and socialite
- Ronald Ferguson, father of Sarah, Duchess of York
- Susan Barrantes, mother of Sarah, Duchess of York
- Charles Palmer-Tomkinson, aristocrat and socialite
- Marian Montagu Douglas Scott, paternal grandmother of Sarah, Duchess of York
- Charles Rycroft, psychologist
- Hantsweb Team (2006). "Dummer". Hantsweb. Retrieved 2007-02-20.
- "Hampshire County Council’s legal record of public rights of way in Hampshire". 2008. Retrieved 22 November 2010.
- "Basingstoke and Deane Wards info". 2010. Retrieved 22 November 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dummer, Hampshire.|
|This Hampshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|