|Key people||Robert Duncan, Parker Channon, Andy Berkenfield, Michael Lemme|
Founded in 1990 as The Duncan Group, the agency assumed its current name in 1996. Duncan was a VP, creative director, and Channon a copywriter at the FCB Direct division of Foote, Cone & Belding in San Francisco. In 2000, they added a third partner, Andy Berkenfield, a former FCB vice-president, as general manager, now ceo, and in 2012, a fourth partner, Michael Lemme, a digital and design specialist and ex-creative director at MetaDesign and Method (Experience Design Firm). Lemme is now chief creative officer. Channon is executive creative director overseeing advertising. Duncan is agency president and branding specialist.
As of 2014, Duncan/Channon's clients include Hard Rock International, Sephora, Kona Brewing Company, StubHub, DriveTime, Sega, Palms Casino, Blurb and John Muir Health, among others. Past clients have included Allied Domecq, Birkenstock, Esurance, 1-800 CONTACTS, Oracle and LucasArts.
In 2006, it was awarded Best of Show in the San Francisco Addys for its Hard Rock fork campaign, and again in 2011 for its design and packaging of Farrier wines. In 2007, it was awarded one of five top prizes in the international REBRAND 100 competition for its rebranding of Hard Rock. The agency has also been an honoree in the Webby awards (2009) for its Hard Rock Memorabilia website and one of three finalists, three years in a row (2008-2010), for the American Association of Advertising Agencies' O'Toole Award, given for a broad sampling of an agency's work in a given year.
In 2014, they were awarded the American Association of Advertising Agencies' O'Toole Award for Media Excellence in the Small Agency category for their integrated campaign for StubHub.
- Duncan/Channon: About
- Duncan/Channon Awards and Press,
- Greater San Francisco Ad Club, 2011 ADDYs by Category: Design and Packaging
- REBRAND 2007 Rebrand 100 Best of Awards Winners: Hard Rock International –Rebrand by Duncan/Channon
- Hard Rock collection collects Webby honors, 22 April 2009
- "Biggest ad award" finalist third year in a row, 3 October 2010
- 10 small agencies that define “Digital Spring” in San Francisco
- 2014 O'Toole Media & Creative Winners Announced At 4A's LA Transformation Conference