Dundas West (TTC)
|Location||2365 Dundas Street West
|Opened||25 February 1966|
Dundas West is a station on the Bloor–Danforth line in Toronto, Canada. It is located just north of Bloor Street West at the corner of Dundas Street and Edna Avenue. The station is about 200 meters west of the Bloor GO Station on GO Transit's Kitchener line.
To the east of the station, the subway runs in a twin bored tunnel until just before the next station (Lansdowne). This allowed the tracks to pass underneath nearby railway lines without disturbing them during construction. To the west, the tracks follow a short "cut and cover" tunnel before emerging outside at the Dorval Portal. Trains run in open-air until they enter Keele Station.
South of the subway platforms, underground, are the four tunnels that comprise the Vincent Subway Yard. This station is also home to the Subway Track Maintenance Office, located on the Mezzanine level.
Nearby landmarks include The Crossways residential and retail complex, Bishop Marrocco/Thomas Merton Catholic Secondary School, The Lithuanian House banquet hall, Roncesvalles and The Junction neighbourhoods.
In 2002, as part of a scheduled reconstruction of the streetcar tracks on Dundas Street, a second streetcar bay was added to the station in an effort to improve reliability on both the 504 King and 505 Dundas streetcar routes. Until the completion of the second bay, a streetcar waiting in the station on either route could hold up vehicles on the other. At that time, this station became accessible with elevators.
- 40 Junction to Runnymede Road
- 168 Symington to Rogers Road and Weston Road
- 193 Exhibition Rocket to West Entrance - operates during the Canadian National Exhibition only
- 306 Carlton to Main Street Station
- 409 Accessible Shuttle Dundas West to Dufferin Station. Temporary service until early July 2015. The service will be operated by Wheel-Trans to provide an accessible connection during the maintenance of the street to concourse to platform elevator at the station.
- 504 King to Broadview Station
- 505 Dundas to Broadview Station
Adjacent Bloor GO Station will be a stop on the Union Pearson Express running from Union Station to Toronto Pearson International Airport. It is being designed and built by Metrolinx in time for the 2015 Pan American Games. The agency will also own and operate the line.
To support this, a direct connection will be made between the stations by way of a new tunnel and upgraded lighting.
- "Subway ridership, 2012-2013" (PDF). Toronto Transit Commission.
This table shows the typical number of customer-trips made on each subway on an average weekday and the typical number of customers travelling to and from each station platform on an average weekday. Five stations serve two subways, and so are listed twice, once for each subway
- "409 Route Description". TTC. 11 March 2015. Retrieved March 2015.
The 409 Accessible Shuttle Dundas West route provides accessible shuttle bus service between Dundas West Station and Dufferin Station
- "409 Accessible Shuttle Dundas West - Temporary service". TTC. 11 March 2015. Retrieved March 2015.
- "Airport link plan tackles fears in Weston area, premier says" By Tess Kalinowski & Rob Benzie, Toronto Star. January 22 2009
- "GO and TTC make a connection at Dundas West" Tess Kalinowski, Toronto Star. March 22 2011
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dundas West Station.|