Dungeon Crawl Classics
Dungeon Crawl Classics (DCC) is a series of roleplaying adventure modules published by Goodman Games, most of which use the d20 open gaming license. It includes more than 73 adventures, and features celebrated game designers such as Michael Mearls, Dave Arneson, and Monte Cook, as well as classic TSR artists like Jeff Dee, Erol Otus, Jim Roslof, and Jim Holloway. The DCC series harkens back to classic 1st edition Advanced Dungeons & Dragons modules in content and style.
The series' design ethos is summed up by the following statement that is included in every DCC:
"Remember the good old days, when adventures were underground, NPCs were there to be killed, and the finale of every dungeon was the dragon on the 20th level? Those days are back. Dungeon Crawl Classics don't waste your time with long-winded speeches, weird campaign settings, or NPCs who aren't meant to be killed. Each adventure is 100% good, solid dungeon crawl, with the monsters you know, the traps you fear, and the secret doors you know are there somewhere."
Systems other than d20
Goodman Games was the first third party publisher to release print adventures under the GSL for 4E. Three 4E adventures were released at Gen Con in August, 2008.
Some adventures are available in an AD&D version as well as a d20 version.
As of July 2013, Goodman Games had released 17 adventures designed for their own Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game system.
Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game
In 2012 Goodman Games released the Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game (DCC RPG). Their website describes it as "an OGL system that cross-breeds Appendix N with a streamlined version of 3E". 'Appendix N' refers to Appendix N of the 1st edition AD&D Dungeon Masters Guide, which listed fiction that was an influence on Dungeons & Dragons.
Third party publishers have also published material for use in the DCC RPG under license from Goodman Games.
- 2008, Nominee, Best Adventure: DCC #50: Vault of the Iron Overlord
- 2008, Nominee, Best Adventure: DCC #51: Castle Whiterock
- 2008, Nominee, Best Cartography: DCC #51: Castle Whiterock
- 2007, Nominee, Best Adventure: Dungeon Crawl Classics #34: Cage of Delirium
- 2007, Nominee, Best Setting: Dungeon Crawl Classics #35: Gazetteer of the Known Realms
- 2007, Nominee, Best Cartography: Dungeon Crawl Classics #35: Gazetteer of the Known Realms
- 2006, Nominee, Best Adventure: Dungeon Crawl Classics #12.5: Iron Crypt of the Heretics
- 2006, Nominee, Best Adventure: Dungeon Crawl Classics #20: Shadows in Freeport
- 2005, Winner, Pen & Paper Fan Awards - Best Adventure: Dungeon Crawl Classics #13: Crypt of the Devil Lich
- 2005, Nomination, ENnie Award - Best Adventure: Dungeon Crawl Classics #11: The Dragonfiend Pact
- 2004, Nomination, ENnie Award - Best Adventure: Dungeon Crawl Classics #5: Aerie of the Crow God
- 2003, Honorable Mention, ENnie Award - Best Adventure: Dungeon Crawl Classics #1: Idylls of the Rat King
- Goodman Games' DCC Preview
|This Dungeons & Dragons article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|